Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say HELLO!

We just purchased a 2012 300C AWD with the Hemi... We didn't even know that the Hemi was an option in the new style 300 until we saw this car. Bright red metallic with almost all the bells and whistles. Two items we don't have are headlight washers and adaptive cruise control, and I don't know if these were even options for that year.

I do have a couple questions...
  • Is it hard or expensive to replace the push start button? Ours is worn out and very out of place as the rest of the interior is great.
  • The chrome trim around the cupholders is starting to bubble up. Is that an easy fix or swap?
  • Can the rear shade curtain be disabled? I didn't see an option in the settings.

Other than that, the car is beautiful!!!

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Automotive side marker light

Wheel Tire Car Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light Vehicle Grille

· Registered
2014 CRD
1,872 Posts
What's up with the rear shade? If you close it away it manually (using the button on the "controls" screen - see: Link) it will stay down until you want to raise it again.

If you leave it up, it will go down automatically when you put the transmission in Reverse and then come back up when you switch into Drive.

PS nice looking car, love the color, which color interior does yours have?

· Registered
2014 CRD
1,872 Posts
Do you have the 8 speed transmission? That's an interesting AWD system. It's part time, only coming on when the temperature is below approx 40 degrees f or when you spin a wheel or when you are using the windscreen wipers. Otherwise you have a RWD car

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have the 8 speed transmission? That's an interesting AWD system. It's part time, only coming on when the temperature is below approx 40 degrees f or when you spin a wheel or when you are using the windscreen wipers. Otherwise you have a RWD car
Hrm... You know, I didn't even think to check what transmission it had. I don't think it's the 8 speed, but that's just going by my gut. I'm going to have to find out now!

· Registered
2014 CRD
1,872 Posts
Transmission - do you have the traditional shifter that moves in a shaped slot between P and D via N or do you have the small electronic monoblock shifter that you nudge back and forth to change?

The latter is the 8 speed

· Registered
296 Posts
The last year they made a Hemi AWD 300C was '14, you scored a relatively rare car, congratulations.

Replacing the button is pretty easy, you could even put in a red one. There's YT vids on it.

They never produced a Hemi AWD 8 speed, I prefer the 5 speed though anyway, 8 is just more unnecessary shifts. The Hemi has enough torque, it doesn't need the 8 speed.

· Registered
2013 Chrysler 300 SRT8
213 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and nice car!

Nothing wrong with the 5-speed trans. And be glad you don't have the adaptive cruise control.......it's just something else that can/will fail and that one costs a ton to repair if it does. I know, because mine has failed and can't bring myself to spend the cash it will take to resolve. Oh,and when it fails.........you don't have any cruise control at all, not normal or anything.

Reactions: Curious Joe

· Registered
296 Posts
And be glad you don't have the adaptive cruise control.....
I'm kind of the opposite, I like actually driving this car so much that I almost never use cruise at all. But when I do it's always adaptive cruise, pretty much only in traffic when I have passengers who wouldn't appreciate my normal driving style in traffic.

· Registered
Cool-V '05 300c Blondie
263 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and Congrats!

"Unfortunately, I've got the old 5 speed.... "
That's a BIG plus in my book. My '13 had the 8 speed and it never felt right. The electronic ratchet shifter was just plain odd, and although it could be put in low... it was too low for stop and go traffic. When you just want to creep along, it would up-shift. Drove me nuts.

However, my '05 has the 5 speed and autostick... it's wonderful. If you haven't played with autostick, you can pull the shifter to the left & right to manually shift gears. It's not instantaneous, but it's a blast just the same. It also lets you set a gear in traffic and won't shift beyond. Say you set it in third, it will shift 1,2,3 and not go any higher. Ideal for creeping along. Down shift into a turn... or gear down approaching a stop... play with it a bit and once you get a feel for it, I suspect you'll love it

Reactions: Curious Joe

· Registered
296 Posts
Say you set it in third, it will shift 1,2,3 and not go any higher. Ideal for creeping along. Down shift into a turn..
Really, so put it in 3 and it'll downshift as I stop as usual, but then upshift to 3 on it's own? I've never tried that, I'll have to do that tomorrow.

· Registered
2013 Chrysler 300 SRT8
213 Posts
But when I do it's always adaptive cruise
??? What am I missing here? My radar doesn't currently work, so I have ZERO cruise control. Are you able to use adaptive when you want and then "normal" other times???

· Registered
296 Posts
??? What am I missing here? My radar doesn't currently work, so I have ZERO cruise control. Are you able to use adaptive when you want and then "normal" other times???
Yeah, there's more or less two separate cruise control systems, one simply speed based and one that includes the radar.

· Registered
2013 Chrysler 300 SRT8
213 Posts
Yeah, there's more or less two separate cruise control systems, one simply speed based and one that includes the radar.
Ok.......I may learn something big today...........so how do I only use the speed based cruise if my radar isn't working and I cannot activate my cruise control any way that I try with the controls on the steering wheel?

· Registered
296 Posts
Ok.......I may learn something big today...........so how do I only use the speed based cruise if my radar isn't working and I cannot activate my cruise control any way that I try with the controls on the steering wheel?
Answering in other thread to avoid hijacking this one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts