Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say HELLO!

We just purchased a 2012 300C AWD with the Hemi... We didn't even know that the Hemi was an option in the new style 300 until we saw this car. Bright red metallic with almost all the bells and whistles. Two items we don't have are headlight washers and adaptive cruise control, and I don't know if these were even options for that year.

I do have a couple questions...
  • Is it hard or expensive to replace the push start button? Ours is worn out and very out of place as the rest of the interior is great.
  • The chrome trim around the cupholders is starting to bubble up. Is that an easy fix or swap?
  • Can the rear shade curtain be disabled? I didn't see an option in the settings.

Other than that, the car is beautiful!!!

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Automotive side marker light

Wheel Tire Car Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light Vehicle Grille

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have the 8 speed transmission? That's an interesting AWD system. It's part time, only coming on when the temperature is below approx 40 degrees f or when you spin a wheel or when you are using the windscreen wipers. Otherwise you have a RWD car
Hrm... You know, I didn't even think to check what transmission it had. I don't think it's the 8 speed, but that's just going by my gut. I'm going to have to find out now!

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Transmission - do you have the traditional shifter that moves in a shaped slot between P and D via N or do you have the small electronic monoblock shifter that you nudge back and forth to change?

The latter is the 8 speed
Unfortunately, I've got the old 5 speed: 5-SPEED AUTO W5A580 TRANSMISSION

1 - 4 of 4 Posts