Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father fell in love with the 300C and ordered it immediately. He waited months for the car to arrive. He enjoyed it for about 8 months until he ran into some bad doctoring which is another story. He ended up passing away at the ripe old age of 65 and leaving his prized 300C to his son.

Im in my later 40's and into muscle cars, mostly stock first generation Big block Camaros. I guess Im what you call a gear-head and have found a way to stuff 6 cars into a 3 car garage by being able to stack them.

I never was really into any of the newer cars and always purchased them gently used and a couple of years old. I guess I'm old chrome but the 300C is starting to grow on me. Although a lot of the chrome is plastic, she has been alot of fun to drive. The body and performance reminds me of yester year and allows me to drive like a butt-munch during the week instead of just on nice weekends. Im joking, I havent gotten a ticket in 17 years. Well....OK, I havent been caught in 17 years!

I have joined in hopes of getting some help with some minor issues that I am having with the car and will post in some of the other sections. It is always nice to have some ammo when dealing with the dealership for warranty items. I dont know how much help I will be to others because my full on shwiiiinng is the Camaro but who knows, 20 years from now it might be the 300C! Hello everyone, my name is Phil

·
Registered
3 Posts
also in IL

Hello, Phil. I'm sorry to hear about how you got your car. But I agree that it is a pretty sweet machine. I'm in north central IL and we just got our 300c, so I'm new to the group, too. Stacking cars??? That would come in handy. :)

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
My father fell in love with the 300C and ordered it immediately. He waited months for the car to arrive. He enjoyed it for about 8 months until he ran into some bad doctoring which is another story. He ended up passing away at the ripe old age of 65 and leaving his prized 300C to his son.

Im in my later 40's and into muscle cars, mostly stock first generation Big block Camaros. I guess Im what you call a gear-head and have found a way to stuff 6 cars into a 3 car garage by being able to stack them.

I never was really into any of the newer cars and always purchased them gently used and a couple of years old. I guess I'm old chrome but the 300C is starting to grow on me. Although a lot of the chrome is plastic, she has been alot of fun to drive. The body and performance reminds me of yester year and allows me to drive like a butt-munch during the week instead of just on nice weekends. Im joking, I havent gotten a ticket in 17 years. Well....OK, I havent been caught in 17 years!

I have joined in hopes of getting some help with some minor issues that I am having with the car and will post in some of the other sections. It is always nice to have some ammo when dealing with the dealership for warranty items. I dont know how much help I will be to others because my full on shwiiiinng is the Camaro but who knows, 20 years from now it might be the 300C! Hello everyone, my name is Phil
Welcome Phil!!! Sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. Feel free to ask any questions you have. The information is probably hear already and we'll do our best to guide you to it.

Bernie
Hello, Phil. I'm sorry to hear about how you got your car. But I agree that it is a pretty sweet machine. I'm in north central IL and we just got our 300c, so I'm new to the group, too. Stacking cars??? That would come in handy. :)
Welcome to you as well herrmercer!!! If you haven't done so already, feel free to start your own welcoming thread so we can give you a proper welcome all for you...haha.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
My condolances for the loss of your father. Sounds like you had a great relationship with him though at least through cars.

WELCOME from our West Virginia LXs in the Mid-Ohio River Valley! Our son, D-I-L and grand daughter live in Wheeling so we get up in your neck of the woods every so often.

Show us some pix of those Camaro(s) and the 300C.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Sorry for your loss.... no words can replace his spirit...

Welcome to the forum! We'll all do our best to help you out, just let us know if you need anything.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi Phil,
Welcome to the forum from Scotland. I am sorry to hear of your loss. Sadly it is the way of the world and none of us can duck it - I lost my dad when I was only 17 and that was some 46 years ago - at least you had these years. You will grow to love the 300C and you will enjoy being on the forum with the rest of us - you will by now have realised that we are a pretty friendly bunch.
Cheers John

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Seems Like we got something in common. My father is the reason i got mine too. Plus were both in IL. I'm up north in Waukegan. If you have any questions you can have them all answered here on the forums or LIVE and in person at the next big thing in IL. The Rocking Spring meet is April Th in Bloomington IL. We'll have at least 100 Lxs there for you to get all kinds of ideas.
Congrats on the new ride.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Eric

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you

Thank you for the warm welcome and condolences.

I find myself getting lost in all the previously posted information listed on this web site. Great stuff here. I had a problem with my moon roof not closing flush and found the easy fix for that here.

One of my main goals is to unlock the beast hidden in my car. Where exactly is the 340 HP at? It sure is not off the line. My car can barely turn the tires over on wet pavement. Im used to cars that take a knack for taking off with out melting down the tires. I guess I would like to see the Hemi get angry once in a while. Phil

·
Registered
906 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!! It's always good to see another person from IL!!! You've come to the right spot for mod ideas, answer to most questions, and meeting new people and making new friends.

My condolences to you and your family on your loss.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Turn off the ESP and Stomp on it you should be able to smokem. First thou go under the hood Pull Fuse 11 for 10min then put it back and drive the car like you stole it. The Computer will learn your driving style and start being more agressive.

·
Registered
178 Posts
welcome chi-town from western suburbs of chicago, like scarbs said press the ESP button on the center dash to unleash her spirit!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts