Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Orange County.

I'm a relatively new 300C owner (6 mos) and I'm loving my ride. I've been driving an SUV/Truck for the past 20 years, and this is my first sedan. A big change for me, but I'm getting used to it.

Unfortunately I had a hit n run on the front end. Does not appear to be THAT bad, but wanted to get a general estimate to fix this. Rather not go via the insurance route due to the 500 dollar deductable and I figure this repair should be under or close to 500 anyhow. The plastic is fine, just needs a feather sanding and paint, clearcote.

- Steve

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi Steve,
Looks like you were very lucky there. Years ago we would have touched that up ourselves with an aerosol of paint but with the fancy paints they use now ............. leave it to the professionals. I would reckon that they will have to spray the full fascia panel but that should not be a problem - just another fraction of an inch and you would have been into big time money. I take it that is Cool Vanilla - a colour not available over in the UK. My car is a Mineral Grey UK spec Touring (which means Wagon in America speak). Basically a Dodge Magnum with a Chrysler front end and trim - and to make it even more interesting it is powered with a 3 Litre Mercedes Benz diesel engine. Great machine for the UK as its size is coupled to its economy.
Cheers John

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Welcome aboard!!

Might be able to do that fairly cheaply.... check out your local bodyshop and see. You could also do it yourself, but with results commensurate with your ability..LOL

Me, I'd go the insurance route and have it done..... but check out the body shop, and the nearest good auto finish supplier to see what they can get for you.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Um, nail polish..!:biggrin: LOL... gotto go with watson.. find a bod shop that will spray the front fascia for cheap. talk, explain, (just don't come off as a kiss azz) I'm sure someone will work with you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ouch

Sorry to hear what happened to your car. I had the same problem with a car before my 300. The damage looked exactly the same. I just had a guy that worked painting cars fix it for me. It was less than 500 for sure. Good luck on finiding someone to help you.

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Steve,

It looks like you just need to have the bumper re-painted. You're probably looking at around $250-$400 depending on the cost of labor in your area. :)

I hope you get everything worked out soon.

-Aaron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts