Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone,

I went to look for this forum and found there are so many, whew, who knew? Any way first, to the administrators or anyone for that matter. How do I create a new thread? I found how to do it in this section, but for anywhere else I can't seem to figure that one out.

Second thing, I got my new 2014 300 C on the 18th Of December and first I must say I love the ride. At first the car tried killing me, because the GPS kept changing to showing me my exact location to doing a whole drive threw preview. It was very confusing. The dealership set my home address for me, so I was okay and figured I would read the manual when I got home so I can better understand. However, It did not come with one or someone must have taken it out of the car by mistake, because the papers said it was in the car. I have to talk to the dealer about that tomorrow. Anyway, the next day my friend touched something and all of a sudden the car was trying to kill me. Okay I am over exaggerating A LITTLE, not much. It went from the view of the arrow showing me my exact location and the arrow moved when i moved. then my friend touched something and all of a sudden it had a small car instead of an arrow, and instead of it moving with me it kept driving the route and telling me the directions really fast. So when I would look at the screen I would see the car turning right so I would turn right. However, when I did it would then DING and say I was off course then when I corrected my course it did it again. I ended up going back to 3 dealers. The first Doge, Chrysler, Jeep dealer had no idea how to work the GPS at all. the second one played with it for about an hour then said that's just how it works and that I must be confused because it only has one option. The Third dealer again knew nothing about the GPS system, however, they decided to restore everything to factory settings. Which placed it back into the view with the arrow and turn by turn directions. problem is It erased everything, all the places that I had gone and addresses I needed. So my major problem is I have a few addresses in the system now, but what if another or myself touches the thing and screws it up again? I can't keep going to the dealer where it seems no one knows how to work the thing, and have them delete everything. So can someone please help me understand PLEASE.

And last thing (For now anyway hehe, with a high tec car this cool I am sure I will have plenty of questions in the future), How do i set up the Memory seats?

the sealer had me move the seat where I wanted and my mirrors to how I like them, then asked me to get out of the car. then they pushed some buttons and got out and said it was done. So I need to borrow my friends truck tomorrow so I had him move the seats to how he licked them so I could program his seat on the number 2 button.

So I touched the "S" Button held it for 10 seconds then pressed the # 2 Button, but when I did the seats nearly crushed me instead of saving the seat. So can someone please explain how I do the seats? My #1 is set to where I want them, but how do I program the seats for my friend?

Sorry this is so long, I would just read the manual, but since I have to call the dealer tomorrow and then wait for them to send me a new one, I can't wait that long. Sorry to have bothered you with something so small. Also does anyone know where the button is for the gas? I will need to get gas tomorrow and I can't find it anywhere? by the way this car is amazing on gas. thanks for any help you can offer. ::smile::

·
Have to be odd to be No.1
7,943 Posts
Firstly glad you found the forum, welcome and Merry Xmas.

There are only a few spots where you cant post a new thread and they are hidden from you anyway or have it clearly marked Admins only can create threads. The only thing I can think of is you were seeing the sub sections and you just need to scroll down a bit and you will see the "POST NEW THREAD" link.

The GPS problem you were describing sounds like it was in preview mode which can be turned off in the settings area of the navigation. Not in the main settings. If you cant find it we can give you step by step instructions.

To set the memory seat profile, get everything the way you want it, then press the S and the number you want it saved to. Dont hold the S in for 10 seconds, just press it followed by the number 1 or 2. if you want to recall the position you just press the number without pressing the S first.

I am guessing the Fuel is located in the same position over there as it is in the Australian models. it is located on the drivers door just below the half way mark. Open the door wide open and you should see it no problem.

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,574 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Looks like those ^^^^ guys have you sorted out.

Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guy's so much. This couldn't come at a better time. You guys are awesome. I have to go pick up my car and I'll try the seats again and let you know how it went. Thank you all so much.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Welcome to 3CF from Puerto Rico!!!:grouphug:

·
Premium Member
4,945 Posts
Welcome to 3CF from London UK :wave:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Again thank you all for being so wonderfully welcoming and helpful.

To the person who told me where to find the gas button, thank you so much. It was right where you said it would be. Before you told me I was looking at the floor and in the screen lol. I never would have thought of looking there. Also thanks for sharing on the seats. It worked like a charm. Now I won't have to sit there and watch him spend 10 minutes trying to reprogram everything every time I need to borrow the truck.

You know after driving my car for a few days I've become spoiled lol. When I went to drive the truck I pressed the gas barely touching the pedal and it wouldn't barely move. I had forgotten about how hard you have to push the gas to make it go. I love that about the car, you don't really need to have a lead foot. It's so responsive to my commands.
I even picked out the name for my car. I know normally car's are girl's, and normally being a car lover I'd pick a gal's name. But since I got the flat black instead of the, phantom peal gloss black. I decided to call him Poe. Like Edgar Allan Poe lol. The car reminds me of the crow Poe used to draw. He's one of my favorite authors so I figured, "why not Poe?" My other choice was Black beauty, but I figured to cliché.

Anyway the only real question I have left right now is, can someone send me a link or give me a short tutorial on the GPS. That would be awesome.
Also I wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and Happy belated Hanukkah.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Last thing for to day anyway lol. I'll try to keep it simple. I got the Uconnect Application, so I can connect it . to the car. I set up the account, but can't find out how to connect to the car? I'm not tec savy to say the least. Lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts