Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all. My name is Patrick Garcia, just purchased my first 300. Have a 2012 300c 5.7 Hemi. Live in Albuquerque, New Mexico. So far Very happy with it, and looking forward to lots of speeding tickets with this huge engine!!

So a couple of questions, if someone could help out.

First, question about the Radio. I have connected my ipod using the usb cable in the armrest. Everything seems to work well, but when playing a album, it always lists the songs in alphabetical order and not how its should be listed on the cd. Any way to set that to the correct way? I checed the ipod directly and there is no setting to change that??

Second. I have seen a few cars that have a badge or emblem on the side of the cars neer the front tire wheel well. Mine does not. Can you suggest which one is commonly placed there.

Lastly, while parked at a incline, when I go out of park the car makes a fairly loud clunking noise and the cars shakes a bit. Had it checked at dealer and they said there was nothing wrong.. Is this common?

Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Welcome from Conesus Lake NY!!!

I'm sure a 2012 owner can help you better with these questions as I own a 2005. Best of luck and congrats on your new speed demon!

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Hiya and welcome
cannot speak to the music question. But yeah. If you park any automatic on an incline, and do not apply the park break before shifting into Park you will get a "thunk" when shifting out of park. This due to the force of the car wanting to roll, on park pawls (picture small gear teeth) the transmission. Its always advisable to NOT rely on this to hold your 2+ ton car on a hill (though admittedly I am as guilty as any!)

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,574 Posts
I agree on the clunk sound. It's the parking pawl in the transmission. To avoid the noise, and damage to that mechanical lock, on inclines you'll want to:

1. Pull up into the parking spot.

2. Press the brake and hold it.

3. Put the car in Park while still holding the brake.

4. Set the e-brake.

5. Remove foot from brake pedal.

With respects to the emblem, what is normally found there is a squarish badge with a small piece of trim that mimics the door trim on the bottom. The badge will say "300C" on it. I would suspect the previous owner took it off.

Sorry but I have no suggestions on the iPod issue. Are you listening to a playlist from the iPod? Is the iPod set on "Random" ?

·
Premium Member
4,946 Posts
Welcome to 3CF from London UK :wave:

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
HOWDY and WELCOME to 3CF from SOCAL,Glad to have you here,you're gonna like it.^^^^^As said above the previous owner may have removed it. A lot of members usually debadge and demould their cars, I did,can't help you with anything else.

·
Have to be odd to be No.1
7,943 Posts
Welcome from Australia.

For your ipod problem, anything you connect it will automatically list in alpha order.
One option is to use the shuffle.
Now don't hold me to this but I think you can create a playlist which will then use that order but will need to double check that.

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
Welcome from Columbus! :wave:

Good info already on the parking issue ^^^.

As far as the track listing order, I have an aftermarket headunit, but it likes to do the same thing. One option is to tag your song files differently (depending on how it reads, might need to tag the file name and/or the track name). I simply just rename all of my song files: 01 song title, 02 song title, etc. That way, when it pulls them in alphabetical order then your songs will be in order. This also shows the "01" and "02" etc on the screen, but that doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I agree on the clunk sound. It's the parking pawl in the transmission. To avoid the noise, and damage to that mechanical lock, on inclines you'll want to:

1. Pull up into the parking spot.

2. Press the brake and hold it.

3. Put the car in Park while still holding the brake.

4. Set the e-brake.

5. Remove foot from brake pedal.
Welcome! And in regards to what MADDOG said, when I first bought my 2nd Gen, I would almost always hear an ever-so-passive "clunk" in the rear as I pulled out of my slightly inclined driveway. Didn't think too much of it, but it did kinda bother me since it was brand new. Must say, after joining the site, I found and followed instructions similar to the ones above, and haven't heard the noise since--okay, maybe once or twice, but not as pronounced, if I didn't park it right. I do it a little different though, to ensure I don't hear the noise...w/ Steps 2 - 4, I stop the car where I want it, keep the brake pedal depressed and proceed to engage the emergency/park brake WHILE brake pedal is still depressed. Once emergency brake is engaged, I then put the transmission in Park. This has worked well for me. Good luck w/ the iPod thing!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts