Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm just about to buy a 2007 SRT8 - I pick it up on Saturday. Really looking forward to it! It's my first 'muscle car' for a while, but will actually be my 55th car over the last 20 years (I've just gone 40). Previous motors include 4 Corvettes (1982, 1999, 2001 and 2006), 2 Mustangs (1997 and 2005) and a Hummer H2 (2003). I love my American V8's!

I have a few questions, though -

The sat-nav doesn't appear to be compatible with iPhone/iPod? Is there a kit I can buy to convert it?

Also, is there any way I can add digital TV to the Nav easily?

Thanks in advance for any info - can't wait to hear that thunder under my right foot! ;-)

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Welcome from a small town in Ohio! Enjoy!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Hey all,

I'm just about to buy a 2007 SRT8 - I pick it up on Saturday. Really looking forward to it! It's my first 'muscle car' for a while, but will actually be my 55th car over the last 20 years (I've just gone 40). Previous motors include 4 Corvettes (1982, 1999, 2001 and 2006), 2 Mustangs (1997 and 2005) and a Hummer H2 (2003). I love my American V8's!

I have a few questions, though -

The sat-nav doesn't appear to be compatible with iPhone/iPod? Is there a kit I can buy to convert it?

Also, is there any way I can add digital TV to the Nav easily?

Thanks in advance for any info - can't wait to hear that thunder under my right foot! ;-)
Welcome!

Sadly, no easy way - unless you want to go the fm transmitter thing for the ipod which is rubbish. I think you have 2 choices - go for new double din head unit or, the route I have gone - Lockpick - try searching this forum for more details. I have lockpick which gives me functionality for ipod, front and rear cameras, and TV. Means you have to live with the nav - which is also rubbish - doesn't even take post codes! I use tom tom if nav is really necessary.It's not the tidiest of set ups, but only route for me as there are no double din units that have enough inputs to give me everything I want.

Having dissed the stereo, the car is great, nothing like it with the road presence and loads of bang per buck.

Look up thread on Brooklands this year, as near you? Likely to be quite a few owners there
to pick brains / look at set ups..

Ian

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Hi and welcome!

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Welcome from MI! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts