Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attached is a photo of my 2006 Chrysler 300C.
Would you mind telling me the best upgrade for this car? I don't have much to do during the quarantine period so I might as well just work on modifying the cars at home.

2006 Chrysler 300C.jpg

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Welcome, looks great. Like the grill

What part of your car are you looking to "upgrade": bodywork, interior, engine/power, wheels/suspension?

Also what's your current setup?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Right, we need a little more information. What are you looking to improve?

Without knowing that, I can only tell you to carefully inspect your cooling system, make sure you're using the correct HOAT coolant (don't let anyone else, including a dealer, service it unless you buy and bring the coolant yourself), and maybe go with a slightly cooler thermostat, like the Stant 190º 48799.

The early Hemis are at risk of dropped valve seats, so it's a good idea to try to prevent overheating. A good habit to develop is to let the car idle and cool down for a minute or so after running hot, before you shut down. Pop the hood if you like. Anecdotal evidence seems to indicate that's when the risk of a dropped seat is highest.

·
Vendor
1,371 Posts
Welcome to the site! Thanks for joining us and showing your Chrysler, looks great. A lot of good info here regarding mods in case you are thinking of doing any. Check out some of the garages and you may get some ideas. Safe driving and happy modding!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts