Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Need advice please on Catalytic converters..I think my is shot and i know over here in
U.K they are expensive and was wondering if it would be cheaper to get one from the
States. I have the 3.0 Diesel and am i right in thinking our 300c is the same as the American
Magnum.Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
VIC

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Your car I presume is a 300 touring estate car? If so then yes it's the same as a magnum...now problem is we don't have the CRD version motor in any variant of the LX car, I would presume that the CRD runs a different cat to our Hemi and v6 cars... so no changeover there I wouldn't think. Even if they are the same I would think with shipping and duty it would be a small fortune to get them to you. Cat is part of the mid pipe which is large and bulky to ship, making it uber expensive to ship overseas. Now you could get an aftermarket small jobbie and cut it in, but then that may as well be purchased on your end to be fair!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: itsvic

·
Registered
6 Posts
While it might be cheaper, I would not advise you to get a converter from the states. The emissions regulations for the U.K. are different than that of the States. The converter you get might not clean the gasses as well as you need to pass your legal requrirements.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts