Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Looking to hit the dealers this week for a new 300c (black), but dont have that much time to play the shopping game.
Any insight would be really appreciated as to where you wound up with your pricing vs. sticker.
I just briefly spoke to one dealer on the phone about his inventory and incomming and without asking him anything about price, he offered the "C"'s at sticker then stating that some dealers are surcharging them????????

Is this the truth?
Ive never paid sticker for any vehical!
Please drop a note asap.

Thanks again
Steve

03 Convertible vette "VETTTISH" spiral gray
02 Tahoe LT
00 Benneville SSEI
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
some are upcharging--dealer here is charging 5,000 to MSRP

if you get any money down from MSRP youll be doing pretty good

if you get the option of paying invoice--pounce!

but i am waiting till there are rebates and enough on the lot to negotiate a serious deal
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,944 Posts
Don't pay sticker. E55 seems to have the best non factory deal I've seen at $3500 off sticker on a C, I don't know the dealer, try contacting him. I got $660 off plus $1000 owner loyalty rebate(not delivered yet so I will try to negotiate for a better deal at delivery since it is taking so long)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Tough call; the dealer I worked with stuck to his guns with the invoice pricing due to the supply/demand issue, but pumped up the price of my trade-in along with the $1,000 Chrysler financing incentive to help soften the blow. I hadn't ever paid near sticker, either, but was willing to lay down a small premium in order to get the car before Sept.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,648 Posts
Our deal was actually $3k total including with the Financing rebate. I think the dealers are getting gready with pricing because the cars are selling extremely well. A dealer that did not know I had purchased emailed me this on Friday:

"I have been informed that we will have a Bright Silver 2005 Chrysler 300C,
equipped with the "Hemi" engine available soon. It has been built, and
will be arriving here sometime around the 9th of June.

The only option it will not have on it will be the Power Sunroof, which is due
to supplier restrictions. The window sticker (MSRP) is $37,660.

Because of supply and demand issues, which I'm sure that your all aware of, this
vehicle will be marked up $2,995 over window sticker, making the selling price
$40,655.

If you're interested in purchasing this 300C, please let me know ASAP so I can
get a deposit from you.

Thanks,

Jim Walker"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
That's how I found my car. I had been talking to 2 or 3 dealers besides the one where I placed my order. Finally I got tired of getting calls about cars in the wrong color, missing key options, etc.

So, I printed off the list of dealers in my area from the Chrysler web site, (did dealer search and entered my city), I got 25 dealers and started calling them. Found my car at the 11th dealer. Was driving it home 2 hours later.

Yes, I paid MSRP, but got in on the $1000 Chrysler Financial rebate. I had no trade. I'm happy, probably could have saved some money, but still happy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Well Steve where are you at, I mean it sounds like the dealers are gouging the customers here on the West coast, at least the 300C. I think that you can get a good deal online. Just remember the golden rules of negotiations, if you don’t get what you want walk away. You all already know what the cars retails for, shop around to see who will give you the best deal. You might have to wait awhile, the demand is higher that the supply right now. Dealers might not want to negotiate a lower price, unfortunately. Hope this helps and good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
I managed to get a good deal below invoice. It is possible, just shop around. Then again I did get mine before the press really started rolling about the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
What you people do not understand is that it is all supply and demand. If dealers are charging over window which I know they are, fine. We as dealers have the ability to set our own price. We do not mark above window for our vehicles. But one thing you do have to remeber is that this is not a NON-PROFIT business we as dealers are here to make money. Just like everyone else does. I just get a kick out of how everybody wants invoice for a car. Let me ask you do you pay invoice for your groceries, your TV's, your house ect.? Just remeber that it is called supply and demand the market sets the price of the vehicles. Thats why you can my a new Town and country minivan for below invoice. They are a dime a dozen. My point here is don't get pissed off at a dealer for wanting window sticker for an extremely hot car! These cars are bringing anywhere from $2000-$3000 over window sticker at the auction! This is what other dealers are paying for the vehicles just to get them for customers. If you want to pay invoice wait a year or two for the demand to go down. But for right now if you can't buy one for under window sticker don't get upset at the dealer. You wouldn't sell your house for $200,000 when the market will bring $275,000 would you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Have to agree with redwinger in this case......and until now, I've NEVER paid sticker for a car, always an invoice deal. If I were a dealer running my own business, I know I would take full margin on these hot items in order to offset the slimmer margins on the generic cars to arrive at a better overall profit.

Now, as far as redwinger's choice of a HOCKEY TEAM, that's a different story.......
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,648 Posts
redwinger said:
What you people do not understand is that it is all supply and demand. If dealers are charging over window which I know they are, fine. We as dealers have the ability to set our own price. We do not mark above window for our vehicles. But one thing you do have to remeber is that this is not a NON-PROFIT business we as dealers are here to make money. Just like everyone else does. I just get a kick out of how everybody wants invoice for a car. Let me ask you do you pay invoice for your groceries, your TV's, your house ect.? Just remeber that it is called supply and demand the market sets the price of the vehicles. Thats why you can my a new Town and country minivan for below invoice. They are a dime a dozen. My point here is don't get pissed off at a dealer for wanting window sticker for an extremely hot car! These cars are bringing anywhere from $2000-$3000 over window sticker at the auction! This is what other dealers are paying for the vehicles just to get them for customers. If you want to pay invoice wait a year or two for the demand to go down. But for right now if you can't buy one for under window sticker don't get upset at the dealer. You wouldn't sell your house for $200,000 when the market will bring $275,000 would you?

Hey Dad, Lecture not needed! Don't you get upset when "we people" walk out of your dealership and buy the same car from another dealer under MSRP or at invoice!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
redwinger, your point is valid and I agree most will have a hard time finding the 300C for under MSRP. I also think this car is fairly priced at MSRP. When I went to buy one back in early April, I planned on paying MSRP. However, that doesn't mean I'm not going to go dealer to dealer to shop and find the best price. Either on the 300C itself or on my trade in. As a result of negotiation I was able to get $2500 more for my trade in. So, your right Supply and Demand will dictate market price. The 300C is a good car for the value (until people start paying $3000+ over MSRP), and the high demand/low availability Hemi are forcing brief periods of greed that will show a dealerships true colors. High Profit regardless of customer, or Good Profit with relationship selling and customer retention in mind. There are always options, and a lot of very cool cars out there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
Kev, No I don't get upset when you buy from somewhere else at below MSRP or invoice because the person right behind you just bought the vehicle. I know I can keep him happy through the life of his vehicle now. One thing you do not realize is it is not greed for selling a hot vehicle for above MSRP. I do not do this. But keep in mind that a $3500 big screen TV has more markup on it than we make on a $30,000 vehicle. If someone came to you and offered you $3000-$5000 over MSRP on your vehicle would you take it? Of course you would, you would be nuts not to! Here is another thing to think about when you you shop dealer to dealer. Lets say after some intense negotiations you buy the vehicle for invoice and the dealrs profit margin is extremely slim. One week later you have some issues and they need to order parts and your vehicle is down for one week. (your brand new $35,000 vehicle) since you paid invoice and got a great deal in your respects. The dealers tells you you will not have your vehicle for a week! Tell me how are you feeling right about know. You are PO'ed. You don't have a car! Unless you go and rent one for $40-$50 a day. You finally get your vehicle back and you are up in the sales managers office wanting to get reimbursed for your inconvience. To put it short he pretty much tells you to go pound sand cause he can't afford to do anything cause you paid invoice and he has no profit margin. Now lets turn the tables saying the same situation happens and you paid MSRP. You call me tell me what is going on (you are still PO'ed) When you get here there is a car waiting,another 300 to drive in the meantime at no charge to you. When you finally pick up the vehicle it is pulled up front after just being detailed. You get in and find that you have a full tank of gas. You look over and on the Passenger seat there is an envelope. You open it up and find a $200 gift certificate to Mortons Steakhouse and note apoligizing for the inconvience. Now how do you feel? What I am trying to say here is yeah you might find a better deal somewhere else but you have to think how are they going to treat me after the sale? I believe in fair pricing and good service after the sale. Once you buy a car from our store you become a customer for life. Because we take care of you after the sale, the most important thing. Cause in all essence you will spend more time servicing your vehicle in the end. Best price is not always the best value. I have walked out of many stores and bought elsewhere at a higher price because of reputation or a truly great experience.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,564 Posts
When I finally made up my mind to buy a 300c about 4 weeks ago I started visiting dealers in the San Francisco bay area to find a car and negotiate a deal. The ones I visited were either adding $3k or $10k on MSRP.
While on the lot, the place was usually buzzing with people standing around and test driving the 300's and 300c's.
Seeing all the buzz, I resigned myself to paying MSRP if I wanted a car now.
However no one would take less then there $3k-$10k above MSRP. One dealer even refused to consider an order because of the sun-roof shortage!
Apparantly he had received information that no new orders would be accepted from Chrysler. This was about 2 and half weeks ago.

Maybe I didn't try hard enough, but I gave up on the dealer approach and found a broker on the Internet, Carsdirect.com, which was able to order me one at MSRP a little over 2 weeks ago. Two days later Carsdirect.com started adding $2k on MSRP, which they are still doing today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
I went to one dealer in the Seattle area (Kirkland) and did a test drive. They had a $4k "market value adjustment". The sales guy wasn't coming off of the $4k, his rationale being that they were selling the few cars they did get easily at +$4k.

So I went home and called the next nearest dealer (about three miles farther away) and asked for the fleet manager. I told him I was ready to buy a loaded 300C in either Magnesium or Red and I didn't want to hear anything about a second sticker. He said I'd have to wait three or four days for the car to get there, and almost immediately said he would sell it to me for sticker price.

When I got there I was pleasantly surprised to get another $1k off for finanacing (I was planning to pay cash). It was 4.9% with no penalty or minimum finance charge (I asked twice and read the fine print). The guy said "you can pay it off on the first payment if you want", which is what I'm going to do.

So anyway, I look at this as $1k below MSRP and a very easy deal. I've found that when you already know exactly what you want, dealing with the fleet manager works pretty well. They tend to be more professional (less "salesman-y") and cut better deals.

So that's my story. I pick up my loaded Mag 300C on Monday (it's on a train right now).

BobD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
208 Posts
BobD said:
I went to one dealer in the Seattle area (Kirkland) and did a test drive. They had a $4k "market value adjustment". The sales guy wasn't coming off of the $4k, his rationale being that they were selling the few cars they did get easily at +$4k.

So I went home and called the next nearest dealer (about three miles farther away) and asked for the fleet manager. I told him I was ready to buy a loaded 300C in either Magnesium or Red and I didn't want to hear anything about a second sticker. He said I'd have to wait three or four days for the car to get there, and almost immediately said he would sell it to me for sticker price.

When I got there I was pleasantly surprised to get another $1k off for finanacing (I was planning to pay cash). It was 4.9% with no penalty or minimum finance charge (I asked twice and read the fine print). The guy said "you can pay it off on the first payment if you want", which is what I'm going to do.

So anyway, I look at this as $1k below MSRP and a very easy deal. I've found that when you already know exactly what you want, dealing with the fleet manager works pretty well. They tend to be more professional (less "salesman-y") and cut better deals.

So that's my story. I pick up my loaded Mag 300C on Monday (it's on a train right now).

BobD
Congratulations on your purchase and your good experience. :D

The only concern i have for you is paying it off on the first payment. I am under the impression that you have to stay financed through Chrysler for 3 months to keep that $1000. I know you read the fine print a couple times but thats just what they told me when I asked about paying it off. Anybody else have any info on that subject?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,944 Posts
LakersFan said:
Congratulations on your purchase and your good experience. :D

The only concern i have for you is paying it off on the first payment. I am under the impression that you have to stay financed through Chrysler for 3 months to keep that $1000. I know you read the fine print a couple times but thats just what they told me when I asked about paying it off. Anybody else have any info on that subject?
Ditto,, I was initially told 6 months by the dealer, You should call DCX finance for clarification. I looked into this when I thought my owner loyalty rebate was terminated, as it turns out , the rebate is still valid for cars ordered b/t 4/1 and 5/3. I am going to pay cash also, I will also check if I can get BOTH rebates if I finance (unlikely).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
There is a "Federal Truth in Lending" section on the loan contract. Underneath the payment schedule is says "Prepayment: If you pay off early, You will not have to pay a penalty". So I'm going off of that and the fact the the sales guy and the finance guy both told me I could pay it off on the first payment. I'll call before I do that just to make sure. I know other posters got this incentive, but had a prepayment penalty. At least one of those posters also had a lower rate (3.9%, I think), so each deal may be a little different.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top