Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a problem with the right side of my dash being raised up (at the right speaker location, near the windshield), about one inch. Also 2 different vibrating noises (1 at the right speaker and the other at he center of the dash). The dealer (2nd one) said there is a dash bracket kit that keeps the center fron lifting up. He said some dashes would lift up over an inch. He said it may take care of the vibrating noise, but probably would do nothing for the right side of the dash. He will try to fix it next wednesday. Also my magnesiun paint is splotchy and has dark specks in it, They said they could try to touch it up, but they could make it worse. Something about the paint being hard to match. I have other problems, but I'll try not to cry too much on this thread. Other new 300's at the first dealer had the dash problem, so he used this as an excuse for not fixing mine. If any of you have had these problems, PLEASE let me know what the fix was. Also, the rubber in the drip rail on top will also be replaced again. This will be the 3rd. First one the paint cracked and pealed, 2nd one, the tape is coming loose. Thanks, Dixie

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tha.... That will probably help, and could stop the problem. My noises always seem to be worse when the interior was been real warm for a while. I'm going to let them put the braces in the center of the dash to help stablize it. That big dash must expand a lot when it gets hot. If that doesn't cure the problem, I'll put the insulating tape in. I'll probably do it anyway.

I just don't like the idea of the right side of the dash feeling loose and being raised up. Its nearly up to the black marking on the bottom of the windshield. The left side is nice and firm. I don't know if this is associated with the noise on that side or not.

I guess I'll have to get a service manual and get out my tools, like a lot of the others have. Just getting too old for that. An outlaw copy of the service manual will show up on Ebay, before too long.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I love the car, but too many things are out of wack for being such nice luxury/expensive (to my standards) vehicle. Im still loving it though :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts