Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at my friends house, came outside and saw this:

Any ideas as to having this removed? I'd rather try doin it myself prior to going to a shop. This seems a bit much for the dent wizard :(

·
Away From 300C Forum
19,587 Posts
That is a very tough spot for a dent wiz to get into and massage the two lines back into proper alignment.

It won't hurt to show it to a paintless dent repair shop to see what they say.

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
Ouch! That sucks.

As MADDOG said, that is a very difficult spot. Unless you have some serious skills, I wouldn't even try to mess with it yourself. Take it to a dent repair shop - not a general body shop. These dent places are good at what they do.

I had a quarter sized dent in my driver's door right on the body line that runs with the handles - again, a tough spot to fix. Upon getting an estimate, the dent place noticed a 3 inch crease in the same door at the bottom that I never noticed before (like I said, these guys are good - dude looked at my car for 2 seconds and saw it. I had it for 2 years and never saw it.)

I ended up going to three places for quotes and they were all comparable. About $75-$100 for the quarter sized on the body line, and a bit less for the crease. I think I found a Groupon deal and saved some money, but ended up paying about $150 for both to be repaired. And now, you would never know they were ever there.

Can't hurt to get estimates. Just be sure to act surprised when they quote you and tell them that the shop down the street is much less - it's amazing how quick the price drops. Good luck. :fing02:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ouch! That sucks.

As MADDOG said, that is a very difficult spot. Unless you have some serious skills, I wouldn't even try to mess with it yourself. Take it to a dent repair shop - not a general body shop. These dent places are good at what they do.

I had a quarter sized dent in my driver's door right on the body line that runs with the handles - again, a tough spot to fix. Upon getting an estimate, the dent place noticed a 3 inch crease in the same door at the bottom that I never noticed before (like I said, these guys are good - dude looked at my car for 2 seconds and saw it. I had it for 2 years and never saw it.)

I ended up going to three places for quotes and they were all comparable. About $75-$100 for the quarter sized on the body line, and a bit less for the crease. I think I found a Groupon deal and saved some money, but ended up paying about $150 for both to be repaired. And now, you would never know they were ever there.

Can't hurt to get estimates. Just be sure to act surprised when they quote you and tell them that the shop down the street is much less - it's amazing how quick the price drops. Good luck. :fing02:

That reminds me of shopping around for window tint. A local place near me (very highly recommended by my friends) quoted me 400$.... 400!!! FOR TINT!!! I had my cts-v done by them previously for $200.00, so I told the guy they did it for half of that last time. SO he said "Alright, $200.00" so I asked him what about being a repeat loyal customer since I was going to bring in my 300c srt8 and my girlfriends 128i? soooo he ended up doing both cars for a little under $300 after tax - not bad huh? 15% lumar tint all the way around with a lifetime warranty, no bubbles or anything. It's like I always tell the misses, if you don't ask for a discount, you won't get one.

I'll shop around, hopefully I have some time today, and let everyone know what the damage is gonna come out to. Unfortunately I blew my car allowance this month on new headlights, hid kit, and nitrous components :pat:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts