Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I am going to TRY to describe this the best I can, maybe someone can help.

I am noticing in the morning a drop of oil in the front in the middle of the front end. It is about 6-12 inches from the very front lip, and again its pretty much dead center to the car.

I have used a white paper towel every night for a week around the heads/valve covers, and there is NEVER any oil leaking. Also recently I added a BT catch can, and there is NEVER oil around that, on it, or on the hoses. I did notice when I cleaned the air intake, that there is some oil inside the intake tube where the filter meets the intake tube.

Its really annoying me, and I am afraid that if I take it to the dealer they will be like hey you have painted valve covers, intake, phenolic spacers and I am not fixing anything.

What can I look at, where should I start, or do I just take it to the dealer, and they will find something?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But how would it get passed the headers, the cats, then move a good 10" forward to the center of the front of the car?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Oh, and one more thing... The marks were there on the garage floor way before the covers were painted and actually before the catch can too, I just noticed the marks they are very small.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A member on a another forum made a good suggestion to check where the dip stick enters the pan. I had a hell of a time when I was putting the valve covers back on to get the studs to line up with the item that is connected to the dip stick. I am going to start with tha

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The underbelly stuff is left on...

The drip is very far forward which is weird, and the color is almost a lil goldish... I think when I had the tranny leak a while ago in my other car it was more red.

I need to get the thing up, and find it, but the prob is its such a small amount. I doubt I will be able to tell?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am praying when I take the under stuff off I see the filter loose or the dip stick leaking a lil.

Tonight the car smelled hot again like burnt oil, but the last 2 mornings there was no oil on the floor at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts