Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey soo heres the story bought a second hand tuning box from ebay(lots of your probs bided on it)...listed as working bla bla bla...fitted it today car was so slow just reving and slow gear changes no kickback at all...then my engine malfunction lights on!....took chip out back to how it was but lights still on..???
chip

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
The installation of the "chip" caused a code that was recorded by the PCM. You can read the code at a local parts store (they have code scanners) or using EVIC if you have it on your car. Here's how to check it by EVIC:

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/general-discussion/158114-checking-codes-doing-key-dance.html

You can also clear the code by finding your "AutoShutOff/PCM" fuse under the bonnet. I am not sure what the fuse location is for your car (they vary by powertrain and year) but your owners manual will identify it. Pull the fuse for about a minute, then replace it.

If you cannot find the right fuse, you can disconnect your negative battery cable in the boot for 30 minutes.

It is possible that the code will clear itself after three (3) key cycles (Off/On/Off, Off/On/Off, Off/On/Off) with some driving (15 minutes per trip) in between each key cycle.

Oh, and with respects to "chips" don't use them. You are better off with a tuner or programmer.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Hi, Unfortunately the "Key Dance" doesn't work on diesel 300c's. You'll need someone with a code reader to clear the code or as Maddog says it should clear after a few cycles of running. My tuning box has 9 different settings. If I set it too high I get the same symptoms as you. If yours has multiple settings go for one in the middle of the range and see how you go. Tuning boxes fool the ECU into thinking that the fuel pressure is low and gets the pump to give it more. You'll probably find that the error is "fuel rail pressure too low"
Where abouts in the UK are you? There are many members about who would be willing to assist you. Regards Doug L

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, Unfortunately the "Key Dance" doesn't work on diesel 300c's. You'll need someone with a code reader to clear the code or as Maddog says it should clear after a few cycles of running. My tuning box has 9 different settings. If I set it too high I get the same symptoms as you. If yours has multiple settings go for one in the middle of the range and see how you go. Tuning boxes fool the ECU into thinking that the fuel pressure is low and gets the pump to give it more. You'll probably find that the error is "fuel rail pressure too low"
Where abouts in the UK are you? There are many members about who would be willing to assist you. Regards Doug L
hey thanks...ive got a cheep code reader got rid of the code.....right well i took the chip out...but then i put in back in (lol) the thing is this chip has 2 plugs...one for fuel rail on one for turbo pressure...never seen one with two plugs? wheres it go!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts