Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When im driving down the road occasionally my gauges go crazy. The speedo and tach will max out and every single light in the gauge cluster will blink off and on a few times including the reverse sensors in the rear. Also if they headlights are set to auto they will turn off and have to manually be turned back on. The stereo and heater controls are not affected when then happens. Ive had the dealer take a look at it but they said they cant see anything wrong and it wont happen when they test drive it. Can anyone help me its a 05 300c by the way.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Dude I have the same problem with my car. It only happened twice so far since I got the car Sep of last year. It happened when I had everything on in car radio blasting, ac, on really hot days. Don't know what it is yet?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dude I have the same problem with my car. It only happened twice so far since I got the car Sep of last year. It happened when I had everything on in car radio blasting, ac, on really hot days. Don't know what it is yet?

Same with me. Radio cranked, a/c on full and its started acting up ever since the the warm summer weather has come. I did happen to me over a year ago but never seemed to come back. I guess ill see what codes is put out next time it happens.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've had those same symptoms while my radio was blasted(aftermarket) but I've also had the problem happen while the radio wasn't even on. Has anyone resolved this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is driving me up the wall. Thank you.

·
Registered
51 Posts
ONCE IN A WHILE WHEN IM ON THE FREEWAY MY SPEEDOMETER GOES FROM WHATEVER SPEED IM DRIVING AT ALL THE WAY DOWN TO 0 AND GOES BACK TO THE ORIGINAL SPEED AND ALL THIS HAPPENS IN LESS THAN 2 SECONDS, NOTHING ELSE IS AFFECTED. THATS NOT A REAL PROBLEM FOR ME BUT WHAT YOU GUYS ARE EXPERIENCING WOULD BE.:scared:

·
Registered
631 Posts
Not sure I understand your question...? The dealer could not reproduce my problem, but the U110A code was being thrown. If you are getting that code then it is possible the replacement of the same parts would help. Don't know if your dealer would be willing to replace them, according to my dealership that code may be addressed by the replacement of those parts. Good luck.

John

·
Registered
10 Posts
While driving to work this morning my guages went down to 0 and back while all the dash lights went on and off. I took it staright to the dealership and they ran a diagnostic check but couldn't find any "problem". They said it showed a low voltage reading for the battery but that it was fine now. How much did it cost to replace those parts? Any other advice would help. Thanks

·
Registered
544 Posts
Not to sound obnoxious but this is a classic sign of a battery problem. The battery may have a intermittent thermal short or open and could manifest different problems anywhere in the electrical system. Your car is going on three years and depending on the climate may be ready for a change. I agree that the battery should last longer.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Sorry, I didn't catch you had replaced the battery. It stills sounds like an intermittent in the cabling of the electrical system...good luck. I've known new batteries to be bad so its still a possiblity but more remote......

·
Registered
10 Posts
OK, so I got my 60,000 tune up this weekend and they checked my battery...said it was fine. In fact, my wife's '07 Xterra didn't start and she needed a new battery! My car drives like new now, but if I experience these problems again, I'll let you know. In case you're wondering, they checked everything and changed my spark plugs, PCV valve, and thermostat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2006 Chrysler 300

Need help figuring out what is causing all my gauges to go crazy while driving and while idling. Please someone help

1 - 20 of 21 Posts