Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was wondering if the after market hid kits (like stealth auto's) are just plug and play with the existing wiring set up in a car currently wired for halogen?
need to know this before order is placed. (not for 300, charger or mag)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mine were not plug and play there was significan wiring for the ballast. Also had to add an additional relay switch and adjust the car's voltage.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply bud, i appreciate it :). was starting to think no one was going to respond :p. Was your kit the one from stealth? and what car did you put it on?

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Stealth Auto's kits are nearly plug and play. You may have to reverse the power connection to the capacitor (anti-flicker device), but other than that all you have to do is figure out where you're going to stick the ballast, ignitor and capacitor. That assumes, of course, that you know how to remove your original bulbs, etc.

You can see my install pictorial (for the Magnum) in the Tech Tips forum as well as the Stealth Auto forum.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info goofytiml, much appreciated. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got mine from KBCarStuff (4300 degK). It did NOT require added resistors, capacitors, or anything. It was truely "plug and play". Make sure that Steve at KBCarStuff understands it's for a Chrysler.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts