Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2007 300C SRT-Design and i am going to put DUB COLD INTAKE.

But I heard There is Two different Version

Version 1 and Version 2

Guy in the shop did seem to know anything about it

but he says Version 1 is for 300C Version 2 is for SRT.

but i think something fishy. i Heard Version is improved by 15% more than

Version 1.

I dont want to get rip off!

Please let me know about this

and how to figure out which one is version 1 or 2

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Here's what it says:

Version II HEMI 5.7L & 6.1 SRT8 (available on the 300C, Charger, Magnum only) DUB~air has gone back into the R&D department and is proud announce the Version II HEMI 5.7L & 6.1 SRT8 air intake kit. DUB~air has eliminated the 90* silicone elbow used in the original HEMI 5.7L & 6.1 SRT8 air intake kits in favor of a 1 piece stainless steel intake tube that incorporates the 90* bend in the charge pipe which resulted in a 15% improvement over Version I.

This is the part number you need - 2005-2008 Chrysler 300C Hemi - 5.7L (Version 2) - W5556

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
BTW, there is a version 2 for the SRT8 as well. Part number is W5567.

Bernie

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you

I wouldnt install! guy just want to rip me off.

do you know anything about Corsa Exhuast?

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
No personal knowledge other than it seems to be the most popular one here and amongst the most expensive. Most people complain about the 5.7L MDS drone with other systems, but the Corsa doesn't suffer from that.

I've heard it on Northern Rider's car (SRT8) and at idle it's quiet. At WOT it sounds GREAT!!!

Exhaust sound is a purely subjective thing though. Drone can be a thing of beauty to some and an irritating noise to others.

Bernie

·
Banned
651 Posts
drone is awesome, it makes the girls wet and it brings a smile to my face

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Thank you once again for your valued contribution.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
tacoma,
Welcome to the forums! Looks like Rambit has thoroughly answered your questions. If you don't want to hear an interior drone when your MDS kicks in, then the Corsa Exhaust system is the only one that will meet that requirement since it's the only one designed to defeat that 'problem'.

bruno

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Come on JRod. Your post is completely out of line, offensive, and inappropriate to the questions asked by the original poster.

Somehow I think you're the only one who finds humor in it.

bruno

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
tacoma,
Welcome to the forums! Looks like Rambit has thoroughly answered your questions. If you don't want to hear an interior drone when your MDS kicks in, then the Corsa Exhaust system is the only one that will meet that requirement since it's the only one designed to defeat that 'problem'.

bruno
yep , 100% correct

Come on JRod. Your post is completely out of line, offensive, and inappropriate to the questions asked by the original poster.

Somehow I think you're the only one who finds humor in it.

bruno
Yep, 100% correct

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Thank you guys!!!

Bernie

1 - 15 of 15 Posts