Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im really having a hard time getting the AFE tube into the heat shield. I can't get it past the nub that the air hose goes into...

Help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried a search and found nothing related to what i was looking for ...
The search function stinks.
Thanks anyways

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
Slide it in the other way. It should fit easily. I can't remember, I think the long side of the tube goes in through the hole - if not it goes the other way.

Eric

·
Registered
88 Posts
Woh woh woh, if i remember correctly, the breather hose nub should never have to slide through the heat shield. Have you tried sliding it through the other way?

No offense, but the installation has been quoted by magazines as being "monkey simple" and I (being an idiot) was able to install it in 30 minutes in the dark and most of that was fighting with the hemi engine cover :(

So if your struggling with something, your may be doing something wrong. Try installing the intake tube first, and attaching the heat shield second.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up taking a grinder to the nub and shaved it down about 1/8 of an inch. After that it worked fine and there was still plenty of room for the hose to fit in nice and snug.

The installation instructions say and show to slide the tube through the hole. If you look at the pdf in step 7 it shows it. Other than that everything went nice and smoothly.

I got it all together last night and took it for a test run. I love it, I'll take some pictures and post my othet thread that I'm keeping all my pictures at.

Mindspin SRT8 Pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Dude, it goes in the other way! You should not have had to grind anything!

But hey if it worked then more power to you. However unless your particular unit was defective, you did something wrong:(

The heat shield ATTACHES to the tube. The tube does not have to slide through the heatshield. I know exactly what you did.

Just make sure that your breather tube does not fall of. I beleive that tube cools the crank case and you don't want unfiltered air getting sucked up into your internals :(

Anyway, enjoy your AFE, cause I sure and enjoying mine!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts