Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello out there..

I have been having issues with my car going into limp mode as of late and am just wondering if anyone will be able to help me figure it out before i have to spend a fortune on inept mechanics taking their "stabs" at it. First i took my car in to have the leaking electrical connector in the trans replaced. Before then i had, in 4 years had "0" ever limp mode. Since that visit i have been in limp mode several times. So I am wondering what they did. Is there an issue with the connector? Did they overfill my transmission? ( i made them check they said was slightly over but not enough to hurt anything) Okay. Now everytime the car goes into limp it is when i am cruising and i have my massive stereo up loud. Could this power drain throw something out? I am wondering if this is so because after my first run in with limp mode i had them reflash my trans after which it worked like a brand new tranny until i had a cruise night again. Now seems again to have unsure shifts (like trans doenst know which way to go) and i get thrown into limp once in a while (usually i say again when stereo is on).

Update. Did it again (with stereo on) but this time i got an engine lightfirst time). now i went home in limp, shut it down, restarted and still have an engine light.

·
Registered
291 Posts
What kind of codes are you getting on the dash. IDK if you know how check but I assume you dont since you didnt post any. Here is how to do it. Insert your key and turn it one click (i think its a acc) then go one more click forward (i think its on), then back, then forward, then back, then forward and wait. Now you should see a code like P0730 come up on your dash. Write them down and post them

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only Code i got was the generic P0700 but i had it at dodge and it looks like they want to change that sensor pack inside the trans. But really... it can't last more than 75000 Miles? (thank you european design?) I was also thinking of getting a predator to store a fresh tune on next time they flash it. When they tried that a couple weeks back my car felt like brand new again. It ran so much stronger, shifts were amazing too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts