Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 05 300C last month with 28k miles which I thought was extremely low. I noticed today though that the VIN number on the windshield is missing, and the sticker on the door looks like it has been ripped off and applied on again, here are some pics. Is there any other location I can look for the VIN? I tried looking around the interior and engine bay and couldn't find any.

·
Registered
562 Posts
You can take it to a dealer or someone with a scanner and they can pull the VIN off the modules. I have heard of the VIN tag sliding into the dash.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay after searching the forums I found out that on some LX cars the weatherstripping covers the VIN sometimes and the solution is to just push it back down which I'll try after I get off work.

Look for a plate or a stamp of the VIN# on the firewall in the engine compartment.
I tried looking along the firewall and could not find it, can you describe the location or show me a picture please?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay all is good, I pushed the weatherstripping back and the VIN plate is clearly there and matches up, I also found the one by the firewall. I hear it's a common problem for LX cars such as the 300, charger, challenger, magnum.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Yes, it's a common issue. One of mine had it since new.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Yep just noticed this...I had the weatherstripping issue as well...glad you found it and can sleep tonight!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts