Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
UPDATE:

Drove it this morning without any problems, except for the initial ping to tell me that a glowplug is not working. Done the 'easter egg' thing and it reports 'LastChime: glowplug'. Have booked it into the local garage to get it changed tomorrow morning.

Another question:
Under the 'LastChime' there are a further three lines. What do they mean?
VTA: none
Wake: FtDrvDr
VMM 543

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
The last ping should be glowplugs. I've had one not working for a couple of years, haven't had it changed yet

·
Registered
652 Posts
UPDATE:

Drove it this morning without any problems, except for the initial ping to tell me that a glowplug is not working. Done the 'easter egg' thing and it reports 'LastChime: glowplug'. Have booked it into the local garage to get it changed tomorrow morning.

Another question:
Under the 'LastChime' there are a further three lines. What do they mean?
VTA: none
Wake: FtDrvDr
VMM 543
VTA - is "Vehicle Theft Alarm" and lists the last trigger that set the alarm off.
Wake - is something to do with what last woke the "system" up - in your case, Front Driver's Door.
VMM - I think is a software version.

If you want to know what the alarm sounds like, and you have a saloon, put the rear seats down, lock the car, open the boot from the keyfob and stick something into the boot and into the interior area - it'll trigger the ultrasonic movement detectors.

For the avoidance of doubt, your faulty glowplug 6 is the rear-most one (closest to the passenger compartment) on the passenger side. I think there was a diagram somewhere in the service manual that shows the cylinder numbers wrong!

As for dealers, in Kent I've used Lipscomb in Maidstone for a couple of recalls and a starter motor wiring repair - all good. But no knowledge further East I'm afraid.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well, got the glowplug done, but the lights (lighting bolt, eps and skid light) are back on.

So it's going back in on Tuesday.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Ok. Got the car back from a local garage, but not fixed. The codes are too complex and they can't get involved. So, back to square one.

They gave me a print out of the codes:

PCM - Powertrain control module
U0101 - Lost communication with TCM

ABS - Anti Lock Brakes

MIC/CCN - Mechanical Instrument cluster
B1808 - Passenger door lock/unlock switch circuit stuck lock

CGW - Central Gateway

What now??

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Ok. Got the car back from a local garage, but not fixed. The codes are too complex and they can't get involved. So, back to square one.

They gave me a print out of the codes:

PCM - Powertrain control module

ABS - Anti Lock Brakes

MIC/CCN - Mechanical Instrument cluster
B1808 - Passenger door lock/unlock switch circuit stuck lock

CGW - Central Gateway

What now??
From the service manual:

'U0101-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH TCM
When Monitored:
With the ignition on
Battery voltage between 10 and 16 volts
IOD fuse installed
FCM is configured correctly

Set Condition:
Bus messages not received from the TCM for approximately 500ms.

Possible Causes:
CAN B OR CAN C BUS CIRCUITS OPEN OR SHORTED
DTCS RELATED TO BATTERY VOLTAGE, IGNITION, OR VIN MESSAGES
FCM NOT CONFIGURED CORRECTLY
TCM
TCM POWER AND GROUND
MODULE THAT SET THIS DTC'

So, how's the battery's condition?

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
You can monitor the battery voltage from the EVIC hidden menu.
Don't start the engine, just turn the key to the on position so as to get a measurement without the alternator charging, get into the EVIC screen that shows voltage, note the voltage, then crank the engine and note the voltage while cranking and immediately after the engine starts.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Don't start the engine, just turn the key to the on position so as to get a measurement without the alternator charging, get into the EVIC screen that shows voltage, note the voltage, then crank the engine and note the voltage while cranking and immediately after the engine starts.
Will do....

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
So, battery voltages:

engine off: 12V
cranking: 10.6V
engine running: 14.7V

Engine always starts easily.

This morning the EPS/BAS light and skid light are off, but the lightning bolt and MIL light are still on. I assume that if I moved the car, the EPS/BAS light and skid light would come on.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
So, battery voltages:

engine off: 12V
cranking: 10.6V
engine running: 14.7V

Engine always starts easily.

This morning the EPS/BAS light and skid light are off, but the lightning bolt and MIL light are still on. I assume that if I moved the car, the EPS/BAS light and skid light would come on.
Well, I guess that pretty much eliminates the battery as being an issue.

So move the car then and see what happens.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Thanks guys.

Will try and check the harnesses again tomorrow for chaffed wires. Booked in at the stealership for next week (sick).

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
UPDATE:

Took the car to the stealership yesterday and just had a call.

They found that the transmission module was not receiving any info (no surprise there!). But, they found a burned out fuse caused by a burned out relay in the boot. They will fix this now and road test it. So, I am being quietly hopeful.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Collected the car at lunch time and drove it back the 17.5 miles.

What a joy to have it back and what a beautiful drive!

The invoice says a burned out relay part number C00K05269988A, which according to the notes is in the boot. Total bill £144.34 including £100.00 for the diagnostics, £20.28 for the part and VAT.

I did a search on google for the part number, but no results. Can anyone enlighten me?

Again, the symptons were:

- Lightning bolt (Electronic Throttle Control) on
- ESP/BAR (Electronic Stability Program / Brake Assist System) on
- Skid light (Trackion control) on
- Engine Management Light (MIL) on [This only came on later]
- The car was in limp mode

Error code on my ELM was U0101. Tried two indipendent garages before I took it to the stealership, also got the U0101 code.

·
Registered
652 Posts
According to the parts document I've got, there are two of those in the front fusebox and one in the boot. But the boot one appears to be marked as a spare??

21 - 38 of 38 Posts