Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone! I am a first time poster here, and looking to join the family soon! My one question to you all is this: Is this a good deal?

The car in question is a 2013 300C John Varvatos Luxury Edition (not to be confused with the Limited Edition) with a 5.7 V8 and AWD.
One of the things that originally caught my eye about the car was the fact that it is fully loaded, and has every options package including:

• Panoramic sunroof (of course!!)

• SafteyTECH (Adaptive cruise control, Blind spot mirrors)

• Lighting package (Bi-Xenon lights)

• 10 speaker Beats by Dre with subwoofer audio group

While I like that it has all the options packages, and I very much like the unique look [ imgur . com / qdV5TU8 ] of this edition paired with the Black Tri-coat, I'm worried about 2 things: the fact that it has 40,796 miles on the odometer and how that will will effect the future resale value (Carfax is clean, single owner) and the price, which is currently set at $29,776.

Tell me, is this a good deal? This will be my first car purchase from a dealership, and definitely my most expensive car by far. Sorry for the long post but I want to make sure I'm not making a stupid mistake!

Thanks in advance for any replies ::biggrin::

·
Administrator
13,064 Posts
Car pricing is driven a lot by demand and the market in your area. Where do you live?

In my area, that price is a bit high, with retail fair market range being $24,470 to $29,761 and the suggested retail price of $28,666. The mileage is a bit above average for it's age.

As with any used car, it is suggested you have it inspected prior to purchase.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Car pricing is driven a lot by demand and the market in your area. Where do you live?

In my area, that price is a bit high, with retail fair market range being $24,470 to $29,761 and the suggested retail price of $28,666. The mileage is a bit above average for it's age.

As with any used car, it is suggested you have it inspected prior to purchase.
I live in Northern Kentuckey.

And I was thinking the same, that it was $1000 over retail or so. But does that special JV edition and all the options packages make it worth it?

·
Registered
341 Posts
You know you don't have to pay what they're "asking".... Let them know what you'll pay today and leave it at that.. But you have to be willing to walk away... If they say no, when it's still sitting there in a month.. Go back and give them the price again...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know you don't have to pay what they're "asking".... Let them know what you'll pay today and leave it at that.. But you have to be willing to walk away... If they say no, when it's still sitting there in a month.. Go back and give them the price again...
the problem is they are 250 miles away from me. So I can't exactly go to them then come back very easily, especially with the beater I'm driving now.

The pricing I listed is for the JV Edition car.
Okay. So how much do you think I'd be overpaying by? 2K? 3K? Does having all the options packages do anything about the value of the car?

·
Administrator
13,064 Posts
Okay. So how much do you think I'd be overpaying by? 2K? 3K? Does having all the options packages do anything about the value of the car?
The pricing I quoted you assumes all those options are on the car. A base unit Touring, for instance, would price out for less because of the lack of options compared to the one you are looking at.

I have no idea if it's priced $2K high or $5K high. As I said, the selling price is what a buyer will negotiate the price to and how much the dealer wants to make on the deal. I doubt they have more than $23k in the car if they took it on trade or purchased it at an auction.

Again, what really drives the price is what the market says these cars should sell for in your area.

You'll have to do your own research for your area. Check TrueCar, AutoTrader and other online outlets (don't forget to check other dealers in the immediate area) to see what the market says they are worth in your area.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I think $29K is high and you could likely get it for $26-27. This is normally a slightly higher value model 300 since there aren't many for sale but like everyone says - it depends on the area and the demand. 41K miles is high for 2 years but only you know if you are a high annual mileage driver or not and so maybe it's not an issue for you. Given that the car is fully loaded you should consider adding an extended warranty which you might be able to work into the deal.
I have a 2012 300S with 38K miles and exactly the option package you are describing - full options plus Hemi/AWD. I have had no problems with any of the electronics so far and the car has been great. You should find out as much about the car as possible and particularly why it was traded. Maybe no problems but worth knowing anyhow. In the end you are still getting a really nice $48K car only 2 years old for under $30K. Just do your homework.

·
Registered
389 Posts
You don't have to drive to the dealership to make an offer. In fact, telephone offers are now a regular part of the car business and it works to your advantage if you are intimidated buy the dealer "hall of the king" experience.
Be warned, dealers are very adept at up selling when you get to the closing table. Remember, this is not the last car of it's type.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts