Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I bought the stock srt8 rims off a 300c srt8. They came with goodyear f1's. We put them on the car and when I backed up and cut the wheel the rims were rubbing up againt the control arm. Soo I went to a tire shop and they put universal spacers on the 2 front wheels, the rubbing stopped. I took it on the highway and I was getting alot of vibration, so brought it back they balanced the wheels again and this time it cut the vibration down ALOT. I think I am still getting just a little bit at high speeds (65 +) but it is bearable.

Should I be all set with the spacers on there now or should I keep looking?

People keep saying to not get universal spacers but ones that are correct for our car. I have a 06 300c. Can someone tell me what the correct spacers are and where to get them??

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Ok so I bought the stock srt8 rims off a 300c srt8. They came with goodyear f1's. We put them on the car and when I backed up and cut the wheel the rims were rubbing up againt the control arm. Soo I went to a tire shop and they put universal spacers on the 2 front wheels, the rubbing stopped. I took it on the highway and I was getting alot of vibration, so brought it back they balanced the wheels again and this time it cut the vibration down ALOT. I think I am still getting just a little bit at high speeds (65 +) but it is bearable.

Should I be all set with the spacers on there now or should I keep looking?

People keep saying to not get universal spacers but ones that are correct for our car. I have a 06 300c. Can someone tell me what the correct spacers are and where to get them??

Thanks!
Dont know where to get them, but there are some other threads on this forum for them. And dont use the universal spacers because they are not safe for our car.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
i also cant tell you where to get them, sorry, but i agree, universal spacers shouldnt be used for most cars.

now i have never taken the wheels off my SRT8 myself, but the reason you shouldnt have used universal spacers on my last car was because they were not hubcentric. when you put the wheels on, the wheels sat on a small lip on the hub of the wheel, and the lugs held the wheels on. the hub held the most of the weight. using spacers that were not hubcentric meant that 100% of the weight of the car was on the wheel stubs, and not on the hubs. thus causing vibration and just being unsafe. if you get hubcentric spacers, the spacer itself sits on the hub of your car, and then the wheel sits on the hub of the spacer. i hope thats understandable.

i can only assume this is a similar reason why you dont want universal spacers on our cars. i seem to recall reading something that our cars/wheels were NOT hubcentric, but i could be mistaken.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, yea I have heard about the hubcentric. I went to a tire shop and they told me about this and tired to get spacers that were hubsentric, but no 1 had anything like that. So they just put the universal spacers on. Will this be ok for now??

Once again any one know where I can get hubcentric spacers for my 06 300c?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the response george. Some one told me I only need 3mm spacers that are hub centric. Do you have srt8 wheels on your 300c?

Where can I get these?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Thanks for the response george. Some one told me I only need 3mm spacers that are hub centric. Do you have srt8 wheels on your 300c?

Where can I get these?
I agree with the the 3mm spacers someone told you about. In fact Factory reproductions provides 3mm spacers for the front wheels when you buy their replicas. There is also a thread on this forum where a member tried various spacers and agreed with the smaller spacers. If you find it you may be able to find where he got his hubcentric spacers from.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Bone Enterprizes out of Georgia, I bought there 3mm spacer and I have had no problems... but when 65+ mph there is a little vibration and I think it is bearable. I believe this will happen with any spacer (vibration) but I would not go with a universal spacer... go with one that is machined for our cars. Hope this helped

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok so now im cunfused. I have been told that the hub centric spacers only center the wheel to the hub on the car, not push the wheel out. I need like regular spacers for that, is this true??

·
Registered
81 Posts
Bones Enterprises 877-859-2571 sells them. or web search the name they have a website, but I dont believe they have the spacer on it. Just call the number and tell them what you need and they will take care of you as they did I.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts