Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm looking for the best recomendations from experience ,on installing an Ostress type wing mod to a stainless steel grille. On doing a search, I found that GE SILICONE II was used. Wondering if this is the best way, or if there has been any concerns using this adhesive.
I'm not sure that 3M may not hold up, as I've heard issues with it in the past.
Thoughts & recomendations to get me goin'?

·
Registered
851 Posts
The GE silicone is definetly the way to go, I have had it holding my ostreess wing on for 2 years so far with no signs of coming loose. I tried 3M tape similar that is used on molding and emblems and the wing didn't last 10 minutes before it started to come loose. I think the 3M tape didn't adhere well to the silicone the wing is backfilled with.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
300MAG - Many thanks for your input. My Ostress is the same , with the wing backfilled as well. So it looks like I'll go with the GE Silicone.

One more thing - Any suggestions to achieve the proper wing curvature. One search suggested placing weights on the ends for about a week until its achieved. Looks like I would have a way to go on this one.

·
Registered
851 Posts
300MAG - Many thanks for your input. My Ostress is the same , with the wing backfilled as well. So it looks like I'll go with the GE Silicone.

One more thing - Any suggestions to achieve the proper wing curvature. One search suggested placing weights on the ends for about a week until its achieved. Looks like I would have a way to go on this one.
Sorry, I can't help you out with getting it to the right curve, Mine was preety dead on to my grill. I just put the silcone on and held it in place with painters tape overnight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts