Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Chrysler 300c
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replace that a bad alternator and about 90 days later my battery light came on again after inpecting my alternator & my battery I noticed that the B+ cable coming off of my alternator was glowing red so I replaced alternator and and put electrical tape around the cable and once put everything back together my battery light is still on and it’s throwing a code 0622 saying that my alternator is not charging and both battery and alternator read 11.5 v on a no load test is it because I need to replace that the cable coming off of my alternator the whole cable
Automotive tire Rock-climbing equipment Personal protective equipment Recreation Belt

Automotive tire Asphalt Gas Road surface Motor vehicle

·
Registered
110 Posts
It sounds like something is seriously draining the battery a LOT.

Did you recently have any fuses blown and if so, is there a chance you replaced the blown fuse(s) with a much higher amperage rating?

Because if you did replace a fuse with a higher rating, then the item that originally blew the proper-amperage fuse is now able to drag down your entire electrical system because the higher amperage fuse is not blowing like it is suppose to in order to protect the electrical system.

So if you did replace any fuses with a higher rating, then replace it will it's correct value and if it blows, then fix the item that is causing the fuse to blow - or as a test, leave the fuse out and see if your electrical system is now working correctly.

·
Registered
2007 Chrysler 300c
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I replace that a bad alternator and about 90 days later my battery light came on again after inpecting my alternator & my battery I noticed that the B+ cable coming off of my alternator was glowing red so I replaced alternator and and put electrical tape around the cable and once put everything back together my battery light is still on and it’s throwing a code 0622 saying that my alternator is not charging and both battery and alternator read 11.5 v on a no load test is it because I need to replace that the cable coming off of my alternator the whole cable

Automotive tire Rock-climbing equipment Personal protective equipment Recreation Belt

·
Registered
2007 Chrysler 300c
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It sounds like something is seriously draining the battery a LOT.

Did you recently have any fuses blown and if so, is there a chance you replaced the blown fuse(s) with a much higher amperage rating?

Because if you did replace a fuse with a higher rating, then the item that originally blew the proper-amperage fuse is now able to drag down your entire electrical system because the higher amperage fuse is not blowing like it is suppose to in order to protect the electrical system.

So if you did replace any fuses with a higher rating, then replace it will it's correct value and if it blows, then fix the item that is causing the fuse to blow - or as a test, leave the fuse out and see if your electrical system is now working correctly.
I

·
Registered
2007 Chrysler 300c
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
81 Posts
Heat in elec connectors is created by one of two things.

Excessive current (higher than designed) or high resistance.

If you are drawing excessive current, that will create the heat above. Check to see if you have any short circuits/chafed cables or the like.

Secondly - That connector is very dirty. Resistance creates heat. Clean that terminal and see if that makes a difference. It is possible that the resistance of that dirty connector (when current forced/drawn through it) is creating heat. The heat transfers from the red hot spade terminal, into the lead - melts the insulation as shown. Alternator leads carry high current (second highest in the car after starter current) so must be spotlessly clean to make good contact.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts