Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help ran out of gas and filled up and now won't even crank? The battery is fine and I can hear fuel and everything running just the engine won't crank to start. It did a few times and now it stopped cranking. The worst thing about it I'm on vacation 5 hours from home with my wife and kids and its Sat night and no dealer open on Sunday? Any idea what if could be? I was told it may be a sensor that shuts the car down when to much air is in the system! Any help asap would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
I think the first thing I would try is to disconnect your negative battery terminal for 30 seconds to see if it'll reset whatever caused this condition. Hopefully you have some tools with you. Sorry, but I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

Bernie

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bringing to dealer i guess hopefully towing is under warranty. I am getting nothing not even turning over now.

·
Banned
6 Posts
Problem solved but with a hefty price.200 Ends up keys were in my pocket when I went to the beach and screwed up my key alarm. Turns out a fried key remote after a few attempts to start the car without turning off alarm will disable the car to start up unless you have a spare. Lesson learned !

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
wow thats good to know. dam a new key is 200$???
They don't have to be, but they're still not cheap. Get at least one spare (three total) before you need it. Programming instructions are in the manual, if you have two working keys. Find keys to be programmed on eBay - about $100 for keyless entry remotes, $20 for non-keyless entry (valet) keys. Forewarned! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts