Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi just run some Mopar Combustion cleaner through the pipe going to the pcv valve on a 3.5 petrol.

Disconnected the -ve wire on the battery to reset the adaptive memory and went in for a cup of tea!

Closed the boot (hood) and now realised can't open the boot to re-connect the -ve as no power!

Anyway of opening the boot to connect the battery?

Note that there is a +ve terminal next to the fuse box in the bonnet. Can a 240v jump stater be connected to this or will this destroy the circuits.

cheers

·
Registered
2006 CRD Touring
3,736 Posts
Note that there is a +ve terminal next to the fuse box in the bonnet. Can a 240v jump stater be connected to this or will this destroy the circuits.
I think it should be OK to connect another battery, as you have suggested. The +ve terminal you have identified is connected to the battery in the boot and is there for jump starting or charging. Make sure the -ve of the jump battery is securely connected to the ground terminal under the bonnet. This arrangement should restore power to your electrics sufficient to work the locks and you shouldn't need a large capacity battery. However, I've never done this myself, other than for charging the battery, so perhaps you should get a second opinion.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Personally i would not connect a 240V Jump Starter on the terminal under the bonnet without a battery being connected. I wouldnt either connect a battery charger because both of these could have very noisy outputs with big spikes on themand rely on a battery being connected to smooth out the supply.

There is no reason at all why you shouldnt connect normal jump leads from another battery to the terminal under the bonnet. Oe even use a 9 Volt dry battery would probably even be enough for you to open the boot.

EDIT
Sorry typing out the above when its allready been covered above

jack

·
Registered
2006 CRD Touring
3,736 Posts
Can a 240v jump stater be connected to this or will this destroy the circuits.
I'm assuming this starter does incorporate a battery.

I'm not sure what is meant by "240V jump starter". Is this a 12v battery which has been charged from the mains, or is it just a mains operated charger without battery. If it is the latter, don't use it!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
cheers all !

Got Mrs to park her car next to mine and jumped it off her battery!

Didn't want to try getting through the back ...knowing my luck today...probably would have been stuck in the boot overnight! lol

·
Premium Member
4,956 Posts
Well done mate :cool2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts