Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any of our Scottish forum members know where I can hire a SRT in Scotland or a 5.7 for a few days, can't find anything on the web.

Heading back for a month to sunny Largs to see the folks & the wife has hired a crappy Mondeo. I'm gonna need a 'Hemi Injection', it's gonna feel pretty bad being without my SRT for so long.:pat:

Any help or suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just wondering if any of our Scottish forum members know where I can hire a SRT in Scotland or a 5.7 for a few days, can't find anything on the web.

Heading back for a month to sunny Largs to see the folks & the wife has hired a crappy Mondeo. I'm gonna need a 'Hemi Injection', it's gonna feel pretty bad being without my SRT for so long.:pat:

Any help or suggestions would be great.

If you want to send me a PM i may be able to hook you up with a hire company who hire out 300c's

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hey Gizmo, Just spotted you have changed your location to "Anywhere but the UK" - what's going on - are you emigrating to Carluke?
Cheers John

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys

Gizmo I'll check out the links & let you know how I go.
BMEWS I'll PM late next week when I'm in the UK.
watsonofearnock, another Watson with a 300C by any chance?
Regards Donald Watson

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi Donald, Sorry but I take my name from the street I live in - Lady Watson Gardens. Sir John Watson Brt was the first Lord Earnock and the street is named after his wife. I reckon he was a trade baron involved in coal mining. Just a little bit of local history in Hamilton.
Cheers John

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi John,

just changing for a few days in protest at this Government who are sleepwalking us is into disaster. Sod IVF and Stem cell crap I am worried about Fuel prices, food prices, Credit squeeze and what my kids are going to do.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
For too long Gordon Brown's idea of prudence was to allow uncontrolled personal debt - eventually it has fallen time to pay for all of this and sadly all too many people are in too deeply and going to be in bother. Those of us old enough to remember will recall the days when Hire Purchase was limited such that you had to put up a considerable portion of the buying price of any item be it car or furniture or whatever, Credit Cards were unknown as was personal debt other than for a mortgage (which was also limited to a firmly applied multiplier of your annual wage - excluding the wife's wage). To revert to that would bring the UK to its knees now as trade would virtually dry up. But to hell with prudence there has to be common sense and that has to come from the individual as well as the banks and lending institutions. Like Gizmo I do fear for the future in Britain especially under this government.
Cheers John

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
I too remember those days John,I couldnt afford a new car like the kids of today,I had to do with a 10 owner Mini that me and my dad had to weld the life back into it.I too have feared about the future of Britain a long time ago(what? me being serious for once).I'm afraid that a lot of people only have themselves to blame,I have never had any loans,mortgages etc,I was brought up(whether right or wrong)to believe that if you want something you worked your knackers off for it and I am passing that thought on to my kids,if you own it nobody can take it off you,it may de-value over time or even increase in value but at the end of the day ITS MINE.Groan over,I'm going back to my normal self now.lol

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Are you sure you are not a Scot deep down? That is exactly how I was brought up - if you want something you save for it. If you want it more than something else then you don't get the something else. Sad part is when the excreta hits the impeller ($hit hits the fan for those of a less cultured background) folk like you and I still pay the penalty along with everyone else. I'm watching the value of investments shrinking on top of prices going up. Not nice!!
Cheers John

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think you just explained why I moved to OZ, right enough these days it's just getting as bad here, apart from that the fuel is still reasonable here but going up all the time. Just paid $1.629 a litre for 98 oct premium what's that about 85p at the moment. What is it there anyway?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I think you just explained why I moved to OZ, right enough these days it's just getting as bad here, apart from that the fuel is still reasonable here but going up all the time. Just paid $1.629 a litre for 98 oct premium what's that about 85p at the moment. What is it there anyway?

Hi Touring,

Diesel is currently £1.26 per litre, Petrol (95 RON)£1.15 per litre

approx.

diesel - $2.48USD per litre, $2.58AUD, 1.57Euro
Petrol - $2.26USD per litre, $2.35AUD, 1.44Euro

prices seem to be rising at the rate of 2.6p per week. I think this is a combination of a number of factors

rising oil prices, government push in trying to force the public off the roads, media bleating on about climate change and the car's contribution to it and the fall out from the US sub prime problems which we're terming a "credit crunch" where we've basically spent virtual money which we're now obviously trying to find a way to repay.

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
............we're terming a "credit crunch" where we've basically spent virtual money which we're now obviously trying to find a way to repay.
That should read "where the Government has spent all our money and are now screwing us again to get some more!"

Stef

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
We can but hope and pray. Perhaps New Labour might also find that it is impossible to replace Brown and simply call a general election. I have this dream that there would be a hung Westminster parliament with equal numbers of Labour and Conservative (and no Liberals) and the balance of power held by the Scottish and Welsh Nationalists. It would sure make for interesting times.
Cheers John

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
A hung parliament,hah,they all want hanging.lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts