Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sick to my stomach and have scratched the bottom of my front fascia pretty darn bad. I have a 2013 Varvatos 300c.

I was hoping someone could tell me the Mopar part number just to replace the whole front fascia. (SRT type) Is this easy to do?

I don't see trying to get this sanded out an repainted an option, unless some would suggest that being easier.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
I just had mine done at a collision shop. I cracked mine on a parking block, talk about sick.. They used a fiberglass repair kit and just painted the lower section for 300 bucks, looks brand new. I also saved $$$ by removing and reinstalling it myself. A new fascia for my SRT8 goes for around 900 bucks unpainted so you definitely want to get yours repaired.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
My sympathies to both of you. I scraped the bottom of my bumper/fascia 4 or 5 times before I learned how long the nose of this car is, and how low it is. It's low enough that half the parking lot bumpers are too high and will scrape it. The only car I have ever driven that's this low in front is my '82 RX7.

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts
All of my mopars are lowered and scraping the bottom of the fascia comes with being lowered. My rule of thumb is as long as the scrape is not visible on the front of the fascia and the scrape mark is on the bottom, I leave it alone it will happen again. If the scape is visible than I have the fascia repainted. If the scrape becomes a rip then I either repair the fascia and repaint or replace the fascia if damaged beyond repair.

As you can see I ride my bee very low and so far no visible scrapes, but tons of scrapes on the bottom side that are not visible.

Reactions: ekaz

·
Administrator
19,737 Posts
^^^^ Agreed ^^^^ and for the same reasons. I'm lowered and it just get scratched under there very easily. I try very hard not to run up on parking lot bumpers and such to avoid visible damage.

To the op...if the damage is on the underside just fix it. It will be a lot cheaper and will look just as good as new.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
I just wash it and rattle can spray paint it. Fact of life: It is going to happen again. I use just plain black Duplicolor.
If anybody gets down on their hands and knees to take a close look they'll get a 10&1/2 square on their butt.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
68071976AB is the part # for the SRT front bumper cover with ParkSense holes. I don't know the part # for the cover without ParkSense. Call your dealer and have them run your VIN to get your specific part number if that's the route you go. I paid $580 for mine from the dealer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
charger2012, when I got my car it too had a "dent" on the underside of the fascia. It was visible from the front -looked like it was somewhat pushed up. It was an easy fix...I took a screw and screwed that in on the underside right at the dent then used a heat lamp ( heat gun would work) and heated up the dent. Pulled down on the screw and it popped back into shape (99%) anyway. Then cooled it with a misting of water to hold it (it started to deform again when warm)....
p.s the screw hole is not visible at all.....

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine is underneath, it is about 12" long, pretty good scratch. Only a small tiny nick came up and is visible. You can't see it unless you look underneath. It is right on the edge though.

Any guesses on how much it would cost to smooth out a paint?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Mine is underneath, it is about 12" long, pretty good scratch. Only a small tiny nick came up and is visible. You can't see it unless you look underneath. It is right on the edge though.

Any guesses on how much it would cost to smooth out a paint?
If you have the $$ do it up... I wouldn't bother paying to "fix" something no one would ever see unless you run them over....

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
I just paint the scratches if I can't see them from above. You can tape and spray with Duplicolor or do what I do. I spray the paint onto a piece of cardboard and then apply by dipping a brush in the paint. Takes less time than taping, plus it's easy to control where the paint goes.

2012 300S 5.7 V8

1 - 15 of 15 Posts