Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was puting on the rear splash guards and this vented thing fell off :eek: . It was loose behind the passenger side wheel well on the rear. When I cut the plastic heads off the rivets to slip on the metal clips, this part fell on the ground :( . There is no corresponding part on the other side, the existing slots in the well are identical on both sides, there is no place to put this thing. It has movable rubber flaps on it as if to vent something. There are retaining clips built in and the top is labelled "Top". Can someone look under the rear portion of passenger side outside the wheel well, underneath in the muffler region and let me hnow what you find. 300C model. I will check with the dealer tomorrow but no C in stock to look at.

·
Registered
78 Posts
That looks like a trunk vent. I have a similar part on my '94 New Yorker. If you open up your trunk, and pull back the carpeting behind the wheel well (toward your rear bumper), I believe you'll discover where that part is from.

Should be an easy fix.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a million ChuckG that sounds very plausible. Raining like mad today so the C is in the garage waiting on the front splash guards today. Can't wait to check the trunk when I get home. wierd, why would this be loose sitting behind the wheel well? Looks like it snaps in from underneath. I will let you know what I find.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called the part # in and it is an exhauster. It vents the interior when closing the door. I have not replaced it yet but is supposed to go in the sheet metal near the rear tail lights on the inside. Why was it behind the wheel well sitting there with what road grime on it. Probably has been there for a while. Going to drop by the dealer to hopefully pop it in real quickly, could do it myself but I have gotten grimy enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts