Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so this morning I get into my 2008 300C SRT8 like any other day and fire her up. Everything seems normal. When I go to use the HDD feature, it appears that all of my music is missing! After looking at some other options, I find that not only is the HDD not working, but my downloaded pictures, Nav, and UConnect are all not working as well. I look into the System Info and find that I have an Error. Also find that according to my HDD Info, I have 0 capacity on my HD, with 0 used. Basically, it looks like it's not recognizing the hard drive.

So, the question is, am I screwed here or is there a way to "reboot" the MyGig? Or has anyone with the MyGig experienced anything similar and have any solutions. I tried re-starting the system a number of times with no results.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

T.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just an update for anyone interested. Took the car in to have the MyGig looked at. Turns out it is a catastrophic internal hard drive failure. The entire unit has to be replaced. Thank you warranty! The tech said they've had to replace 6 to 8 MyGig's already due to the same issue. Said it should only be about 2 to 3 days to get a new one in stock and 30 mins to install. Things go well, I should have it installed on Saturday.

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Jeez, that doesn't sound good at all. I hope they get this sorted out when I finally get my Jeep. I think the reason you didn't get any responses in this thread is just because not a lot of us have the system yet and we're not able to give help. That'll come though I'm sure. I'm definately interested in this for future refereence, so thanks for updating us.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
No worries at all, Bernie. The 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT models will feature the all-new new MyGIGII navigation radio so all the bugs should be fixed by then.
Hardy har har. Everyone's gotta be a commedian eh!!! That guy at Challenger actually thought you were serious in the drag pack thread...haha.

Bernie

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I really didn't expect any response, but I had to vent and hope.

It's frustrating have a car with less than 3k on it with this failure, and I've had two CEL/MIL errors already.

Funny thing is that the service writer didn't have a clue what I was talking about when I mentioned that the hard drive was not responding. When I talked to the tech, he almost knew immediately what was wrong, and then confirmed it.

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
...That guy at Challenger actually thought you were serious in the drag pack thread...haha.
Yeah, nothing like shaving off 800 Lbs. for the drag version and then adding back another hundred for a Kicker sound system that you could never even hear while driving down the track!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem about two months ago. My dealer had no clue about how to troubleshoot or fix the mygig system. After a few days of research they figured out that it needed a new hard drive and told me that it would take two weeks to get it. Two weeks later they still could not tell me when the part would arrive. After waiting another two weeks, the system magically started to work again and has contined to work ever since. Now after waiting a total of 8 weeks, the dealer called me to let me know that the part had arrived. Now I don't know if I still need the new part, or if I even want to let the dealer touch the working system.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I own a 2008 Sebring, the MyGig had major errors I contacted Harman Becker directly. Harman Becker sent me a new MyGig replacement unit and installed it myself. Great customer service from this company.
The new MyGig functions a sit should...........so far.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I bought my 2008 300C SRT8 on 2 Jan.08. So far (knock on wood) I have not had a HD failure but I have lost all audio and radio control (other than the NAV) on three occasions. It sure looks like we are beta testing the MyGig for Chrysler. There are many others who have reported the HD failures and the audio shutoff failure. I have a thread here about the problem. Chrysler does not even have the MyGig support site on the Internet that is mentioned in the MyGig Instruction Manual. I wonder if is because of the numerous failures we have all experienced and they are afraid to advertise them. Regards, Bob.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Mygig Problems

Ok, so this morning I get into my 2008 300C SRT8 like any other day and fire her up. Everything seems normal. When I go to use the HDD feature, it appears that all of my music is missing! After looking at some other options, I find that not only is the HDD not working, but my downloaded pictures, Nav, and UConnect are all not working as well. I look into the System Info and find that I have an Error. Also find that according to my HDD Info, I have 0 capacity on my HD, with 0 used. Basically, it looks like it's not recognizing the hard drive.

So, the question is, am I screwed here or is there a way to "reboot" the MyGig? Or has anyone with the MyGig experienced anything similar and have any solutions. I tried re-starting the system a number of times with no results.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

T.
I have the same exact problem. I also emailed Harman Becker. He assured me the new software updates will be shipped to me in 2-3 weeks. You do not require a new HD. These issues are software related only.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
From what I have read at many other sites the only way to reset it, at present, is to take out the fuse for the radio and replace it or shutoff the car and open and close the car door and wait to allow the radio to go into a sleep mode, then reopen the door and restart the radio. Just turning the radio off and on does not seem to fix the problem. From what you say HB will be putting out a software update to eliminate the problem. Regards, Bob.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did end up getting the unit replaced under warranty at the dealer. It appears to have a newer software version. I had 9.561 before and now I’ve got 9.665. Haven’t found many differences yet, but haven’t driven it much since the change either. From what I can tell, the icons are slightly different in the nav and the DVD player re-starts the movie each time the car is re-started. On the old one, it would pick right up where it was when the car was shut off.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
So far, I haven't had any problems with the myGIG system in my 08 SRT8. I hope there aren't any problems with my system. I installed a revised version of the MyGIG/NAV software a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Which version do you have. The latest "official" version is 9.561 as far as I know. Regards, Bob.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Thanks to ResumeSpeed, I have version 9.705:

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/ca...ig-uconnect-nav-upgrades.html?highlight=9.705

One problem that was fixed in that release that made me happy was the "Back" fix. Now when I scroll through the list of artists and pick one, and then decide I don't want to listen to it, the Back now takes me back to where I was, instead of back to the top of the list. Resume Speed said there were some other fixes, but I don't have the complete list. Check the thread I listed above for more information. It took about 15 minutes to install.

Which version do you have. The latest "official" version is 9.561 as far as I know. Regards, Bob.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts