Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all- I am new to posting on the Forum, but have been reading for some time.

Wanted to ask if anyone has had any luck leveraging the Daimler Chrysler Affiliate Rewards Supplier Program when purchasing a 300C. I am qualified, but have found that dealerships are evasive about responding to requests for pricing within the program.

One dealer I spoke with in CT noted that he may consider honoring the program if I am willing to order the car and not take one off the floor. His justification for this was that he has a specific number of 300C's he has been allotted, but ordering direct will allow him to justify why an additional unit is required.

I also hear that dealers are not bound to honor the program- this confuses me though. Why would a corporation have a program that the dealers would not step up to?

Anyway- I am interested in finding out if others have info I can use, or if my situation is the norm

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
I first ordered a 300C thru a small dealership in Texas and they honored the supplier discount. 1% under dealer invoice plus $25.00. I then found another 300C on a showroom floor in my hometown and they gave me the same discount. I saved about $2600.00. You have to ask for it and keep bugging them until they say yes.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I ordered my C thru the Freinds and Family Discount Program. The salesman was saying how he is "surprised" his sales manager was lettign one go out this cheap and was rationalizing the low trade in number.

I told him, I would be selling my car on my own, and if his sales manager wanted to be a prick about letting an ordered car go out under invoice on the Program, Chrysler would love to have his name and number.... I lied and told him I have seen where Dealers get their 5-Star rating removed from Chysler for playing games like that. You should have seen his eyes light up!

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I have heard 3 responses from dealers when aske if they participate in the Chrysler Affliates program:

"Only on a car in stock"
"Only on a ordered car"
"No, Not at all"

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered under the same program back in April. The dealer wasn't going to let go of a C on the lot for that price and I expected that. After 3 weeks my order was still sitting there because of the sunroof problem and the dealer gave me the pricing deal on an in stock car that was substantially the same as my order. I did read that dealers were not obligated to participate in the program though. I don't know if that is at their whim or if it's all or nothing as far as their participation goes.

·
Registered
83 Posts
It is at the dealers discretion whether or not to participate in the program. They can participate at any time or not participate at any time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All -thanks for the responses. Seems like what I have experienced thus far is pretty much the norm. Since my original post, the dealership which offered to "pre order" the car vs. giving one off the floor has rescinded. I am now going to begin the process of looking outside the local area for more receptive dealers.

My last question to the group is whether anyone knows if the dealership is compensated in any way by Chrysler for honoring the program. I understand that certain promotions are funded by corp but that this may be an area where the dealership honors the program at their own expense.

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Linus66 said:
My last question to the group is whether anyone knows if the dealership is compensated in any way by Chrysler for honoring the program. I understand that certain promotions are funded by corp but that this may be an area where the dealership honors the program at their own expense.

Thanks again
I don't know if dealers get anything extra from DCX for selling under Affliates Programs, but they do get "holdback" on every car sold regardless of selling price.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
redwinger said:
Wrong If we sell under the employee rewards we do not get holdback.
redwinger said:
1% under we eat the difference. EP price we get 6% of the EP price back. NO HOLDBACK ON EP DEALS.
Hmmm! Interesting! So, on Employee Price (EP) sales the dealer does not get the Holdback, however, they get back 6% of the EP price? 6% of EP is much more than Holdback!

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Linus66 said:
Am I the only one confused here?
Each car has the following prices:

MSRP
Invoice

There are 2 Chrysler discount selling programs but you need a control number:

EP = Employee Price - 4.5 under invoice
FFP = Friends and Family - 1% under invoice

When a dealer sales a car regardless of price they get "HoldBack" from the Manufactor based on the Retail price of the car:

Maybe 3% or so.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You obviosly don't have a clue so don't post information that is not correct. If you do not know what holdback is don't post about it. Here is a quick lesson. If we sell a vehicle for 30000 the vehicle's invoice is 30500 and the MSRP was 32300. The holdback is a set number listed on the invoice. Say the holdback was 865. Our gross profit is 365.00. So what kev is saying is if we sell this car at 25,000 we still get $865.00. Do the math and before you post about something please know what you are talking about. Here is another example:

MSRP 28320
INVOICE 26624
HOLDBACK 829
EP PRICE 25285
PP PRICE 26357
our net cost as a dealer is invoice less holdback = 25795 if we sell at ep price of 25285. We are already backwards $510.00. Now 6% of the ep price is $1517.1 the total gross would be $1007.10. This is not called holdback.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
redwinger said:
You obviosly don't have a clue so don't post information that is not correct. If you do not know what holdback is don't post about it. Here is a quick lesson. If we sell a vehicle for 30000 the vehicle's invoice is 30500 and the MSRP was 32300. The holdback is a set number listed on the invoice. Say the holdback was 865. Our gross profit is 365.00. So what kev is saying is if we sell this car at 25,000 we still get $865.00. Do the math and before you post about something please know what you are talking about. Here is another example:

MSRP 28320
INVOICE 26624
HOLDBACK 829
EP PRICE 25285
PP PRICE 26357
our net cost as a dealer is invoice less holdback = 25795 if we sell at ep price of 25285. We are already backwards $510.00. Now 6% of the ep price is $1517.1 the total gross would be $1007.10. This is not called holdback.
Boy, you are either 'anal retention' or just annoying, oh I forgot you are a car salesman! Me not having a clue would be like me posting some figures no where close to the facts. Redwinger, the figures I posted are ESTIMATES! You need to get a grip and you need to do the math.

You are selling cars and did not know that the Holdback was around 3% of MSRP? You did not know that did you? It is obvious from your post that you did not know your own holdback was about 3%. The only number or figure I gave in my post was saying that Holdback was around 3% of MSRP, so what fact do I need to get a clue? What's that - SPEAK UP!

HoldBack for Chrysler is based on the MSRP like I said. You proved my point by posting that example MSRP of $28320 and a HOLDBACK OF $829. $829 is around 3% of 28320. In my post I wrote - "Holdback....Maybe 3% or so."

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
redwinger said:
The holdback is a set number listed on the invoice. Say the holdback was 865. Our gross profit is 365.00.
redwinger said:
our net cost as a dealer is invoice less holdback = 25795 .
Obviously, you can't read! No where in my post did I state anything about "profit" nor "net cost". I said/posted "regardless of price they get "HoldBack" from the Manufactor based on the Retail price of the car".

Making "profit" and "net cost" is another debate. Even if you sold that $28320 car for 'a buck' you will still get the Holdback of $829 from Chrysler. Again I said nothing about "profit" or "net cost".

I was trying to simply explain to Linus66 some of the terms we were discussing and you just added more confusion to the subjuct with profits and net cost - You took the subject way overboard! :D

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
For Linus66 and others that want to know. This is a partial listing from www.edmunds.com about the amont (percentage) of Holdback:

Acura 3% of the base MSRP
Audi No holdback
BMW No holdback
Buick 3% of the Total MSRP
Cadillac 3% of the Total MSRP
Chevrolet 3% of the Total MSRP
Chrysler 3% of the Total MSRP
Daewoo No holdback — one-price sales.

Edmunds Article states:

"Holdbacks enable dealerships to advertise "invoice price" sales and sell their vehicles at or near invoice and still make hundreds of dollars on the transaction."

The entire article is here:

www.edmunds.com/advice/incentives/holdback/index.html

Hmmmmm! Someone owes me an apology! Hmmm! I'll take a car at EP price! He-He!

·
Registered
83 Posts
E55 KEV said:
I don't know if dealers get anything extra from DCX for selling under Affliates Programs, but they do get "holdback" on every car sold regardless of selling price.
Just to inform you buddy. I am trying to give accurate information to this guy. While you are trying to confuse him with non sense. But I guess that you know all this to be true, cause you read it on edmunds. I guess I would not have a clue about what I am talking about, even though I do this every day of my life. What I don't like is the comment of regarding we get holdback regardless of the selling price. That is not how it works. I post how it works and give the guy the correct information on how the process works.

·
Registered
83 Posts
E55 KEV said:
"Holdbacks enable dealerships to advertise "invoice price" sales and sell their vehicles at or near invoice and still make hundreds of dollars on the transaction."

The entire article is here:

www.edmunds.com/advice/incentives/holdback/index.html

Hmmmmm! Someone owes me an apology! Hmmm! I'll take a car at EP price! He-He!

Again, the laws are different in each state. In the state of Minnesota you cannot use the word invoice in any advertisement or use any reference to the word invoice in advertising. Kev what business are you in? Just curious.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
redwinger said:
Just to inform you buddy. I am trying to give accurate information to this guy. While you are trying to confuse him with non sense. But I guess that you know all this to be true, cause you read it on edmunds. I guess I would not have a clue about what I am talking about, even though I do this every day of my life. What I don't like is the comment of regarding we get holdback regardless of the selling price. That is not how it works. I post how it works and give the guy the correct information on how the process works.
1. You are mixed up My Man! The above response had already been covered and cleared up when I posted this BEFORE I tried to help Linus66:

E55 KEV said:
"Hmmm! Interesting! So, on Employee Price (EP) sales the dealer does not get the Holdback, however, they get back 6% of the EP price? 6% of EP is much more than Holdback!"
My statment meant that I had conceded to you about getting Holdback on EP sales. We all learned something from you.

2. Your statement about me not "having a clue" came AFTER my post for Linus66 when I stated Holdback was 3% or MSRP. I am still trying to figure out how I am clueless about the information in this post:

E55 KEV said:
"Each car has the following prices:

MSRP
Invoice

There are 2 Chrysler discount selling programs but you need a control number:

EP = Employee Price - 4.5 under invoice
FFP = Friends and Family - 1% under invoice

When a dealer sales a car regardless of price they get "HoldBack" from the Manufactor based on the Retail price of the car:

Maybe 3% or so."
Yes, you sell cars everyday, but I does appear that you did not know that HoldBack was 3% of Chrysler MSRP and that is a shame. You have lost some credibility here and you continue to hammer me and you have not backed up anything you have stated. Then you want to slam Edmunds and everyone knows that Edmunds is the Number 1 Consumer source for information. Jeez, man stop while you are ahead.

Honestly, there is only one thing in this entire post that I was unaware of and that was 'no holdback on a EP sales', however, the money you do get from the EP sales whether it is called Holdback or whatever is better than the Holdback anyway! The main point here is to let consumer know that dealers get holdback regardless of selling price and we have learned (from you) that dealers actually get more money back on a EP purchase. Thanks. :)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.