Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 300c srt design and want to know what the best mods are for the engine without swapping it out and what mod are best for the supsension, the best company for wheels and body kits. Price is not really an issue and i have access to all mopar after market parts at dealer price

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
First of all WELCOME to 3CF from our West Virginia LXs in the Mid-Ohio River Valley!

Second... I can't help much, but will suggest a couple of things...

180 Tstat to keep the engine cooler and recoup 10+ HP lost from the stock high temp emissions set-up. A cheap and easy mod from AutoZone (MotoRad 4128).

Air Hammer or AFE StageII CAI... again will recoup a few HP (5-8). Air Hammer can be order by contacting Rev.Hammer or Wheelife at LXforums.

Intake manifold spacer (there's some discussion as to whether this is beneficial with the 5.7s)... check on offerings from GSM and/or Billet Technology

Oil Catch Can... keeps intake more pristine over time... Billet Technology, or it can be a DIY project.

There's all sorts of options for cams, headers, exhaust stuff on the 5.7s, but someone else will have to point you to these...

Good luck with your mods to that great SRTD. Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have a 2008 300c srt design and want to know what the best mods are for the engine without swapping it out and what mod are best for the supsension, the best company for wheels and body kits. Price is not really an issue and i have access to all mopar after market parts at dealer price

I have the SRT Design and have transformed it into an SRT8 beater...SRT8's won't like hearing that - but its faster (slightly), handles better and stops just as good.

Suspension: KW V2 coilovers, Hotchkis front and rear sway bars.

Engine: PPP heads, JBA Headers, Borla exhaust, Airhammer CAI, Cam geared for low to midrange and diablo to tune everything, all this adds up to just short of 400 rwhp.

Brakes: Brembo front and rear.

If you have any questions PM me.

Mark

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have the SRT Design and have transformed it into an SRT8 beater...SRT8's won't like hearing that - but its faster (slightly), handles better and stops just as good.

Suspension: KW V2 coilovers, Hotchkis front and rear sway bars.

Engine: PPP heads, JBA Headers, Borla exhaust, Airhammer CAI, Cam geared for low to midrange and diablo to tune everything, all this adds up to just short of 400 rwhp.

Brakes: Brembo front and rear.

If you have any questions PM me.

Mark

THIS claim, I HIGHLY doubt, sorry. Can we see time slips of your 1/4 times? My car STOCK on the dyno put out 391.5 RWHP...before my minor mods. I'd love to see this faux SRT run with it....

and why do all that work, and expense when you could have bought an SRT? :pat:

odd...

·
Registered
390 Posts
Welcome, Jackson! If you take some time to look around the forums, you'll find no end of suggestions on the "best" mods and dealers, performance or otherwise. My suggestion is to figure out what your goals are (performance at the track, on the road, show car, etc.), what your budget is, and start researching.

·
Registered
630 Posts
For suspension, I like the police sway bars for bang for the buck improvement in handling while not degrading the ride.

I believe there are quite a few bolt-on Mopar performance parts now available for the 5.7L including CNC heads, cam, performance ecu's.

·
Registered
457 Posts
THIS claim, I HIGHLY doubt, sorry. Can we see time slips of your 1/4 times? My car STOCK on the dyno put out 391.5 RWHP...before my minor mods. I'd love to see this faux SRT run with it....

odd...
Because in most cases the SRT is about 10 000 more then 5.7 out of the box. Also insurance would be cheaper as it is not an SRT. As for the claim on the HP that sounds about rite with the listed mods. Plus if he put 10000 in to the engine it would be a guarantee that he would or anyone would destroy an SRT anything.

:twak:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Chase I wouldn't exactly call a cam and heads bolt on's!
Not worth arguing about what might happen with a Design model and SRT8!

·
Registered
491 Posts

odd...

Hey I don't give a $hit if you believe me or not, he asked a question and I gave him an honest answer. if your car was 391.5 and then you added a few mods I would be quicker, I just said it will run the same or slightly better than a stock SRT8... I should have said stock so thats my fault.

The guys asking for help lets not turn this into a 'my cars faster than yours' etc, I simply stated whats capable with the SRTD.

As for your question why not buy a SRT8 from the start...I wish I had, I thought I would have been happy with the 5.7 but I was not, so you have to deal with the cards in your hand.

Mark

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
Hey I don't give a...deal with the cards in your hand.
Mark
Not too bad of a response. Sorry this got so heated. Do we have a case of "Cam and heads envy" or "SRT envy"??? Either way, CHILL!

To the happy SRTDesign owner, Congrats on a great car. There is so much crap available to mod the 5.7, you'll be reading for days!

But first, get the tuner. Diablo will set your car free to be what it can be. Then it will allow you to add parts and tune appropriately.

As to the "faster than an SRT" claim, it is important to note that the SRT8 is a well rounded vehicle, not just a respectably quick one. There are many other areas of performance that were important to me, not just quickness. Anyone for a couple of road course track days?

Maybe one day soon that car will get to the track and post some times and trap speeds.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Not too bad of a response. Sorry this got so heated. Do we have a case of "Cam and heads envy" or "SRT envy"??? Either way, CHILL!

To the happy SRTDesign owner, Congrats on a great car. There is so much crap available to mod the 5.7, you'll be reading for days!

But first, get the tuner. Diablo will set your car free to be what it can be. Then it will allow you to add parts and tune appropriately.

As to the "faster than an SRT" claim, it is important to note that the SRT8 is a well rounded vehicle, not just a respectably quick one. There are many other areas of performance that were important to me, not just quickness. Anyone for a couple of road course track days?

Maybe one day soon that car will get to the track and post some times and trap speeds.

I fully agree the SRT8 is a better all round car than what I have, I wish I had started off at the SRT8 that way I would be at about 480-500RWHP right now because I still would have upgraded the engine, but hey, I'm very happy with my car, for reference I was on I75 a little while back and a guy was in front of me in a silver SRT8 when traffic cleared out of his path he gunned it, I assumed thats what he would do so I'm pretty sure I hit the gas at the same time, initialy I stuck to his tail, I could not gain on him then slowly as speeds increased (he was going for it) I started to gain on him, I had to let off a little or I would have hit him, we hit more traffic so we both slowed down we never got another chance to run but he was decent guy, I assume he thought it was the same car SRT8.

·
Registered
491 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
WOW! That's a lot. The best mods for your car would have to buy an SRT8 in the first place. Since Money is no object - Trade it in!

·
Registered
390 Posts
just wondering does the SRT Design come with Brembos?
No. That's probably the single most expensive thing to address if you're trying to upgrade a 300C to an SRT8 performance level. Not many people do it.

·
Registered
491 Posts
No. That's probably the single most expensive thing to address if you're trying to upgrade a 300C to an SRT8 performance level. Not many people do it.
I did, I got lucky and picked up a couple of sets brand new off ebay, all I need to do now is buy the SRT bits so they will fit, only the company on here who is a sponsor don't return their phone calls!!! But your right if you went to Brembo there silly prices!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts