Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if someone here can help me out..
I just purchased my 300C two days ago. I didn't receive my owners manual/kit someone must have swiped it from the car, so mine is on order.

Can someone please give me directions on programming the homelink system. I've got two remotes that I need to set.

Thanks,
Ron
Dallas, TX

·
Registered
208 Posts
WELCOME! :)

Here it is straight out of the book....its kinda long. Also, it say you should be outside/near whatevery your programming whether it be a gate or garage door. And to be aware that it will be opening and closing during programming

1. Press and hold the two outer Homelink buttons, and release only when the EVIC display shows "channels cleared" (after 20 seconds). DO NOT hold the buttons for longer than 30 seconds and DO NOT repeat step one to program a second and/or third hand held transmitter to the remaining two Homelink buttons.

2. Position the end of your hand held transmitter 1-3 inches away from the Homelink buttons.

3. Simultaneously press and hold both the Homelink button that you want to train and the hand held transmitter buttons. DO NOT RELEASE THE BUTTONS UNTIL STEP 4 HAS BEEN COMPLETED.

4. The EVIC display will show "channel x training" (where x is channel 1,2 or 3). Release both buttons after the EVIC display shows "Channel X trained"

NOTE: If the EVIC display show "Did Not Train" repeat steps 2-4

5. Press and hold the just trained Home link button and observe the EVIC display. If the EVIC display shows "channel x transmit" programming is complete and your device should activate when the Homelink button is pressed and released.

NOTE: To program the remaining two HomeLink buttons, begin with "Programming" step two. Do not repeat step one.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!!!

Thanks for the help!

Everything is operational now!!!! :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did everything it says above. The car did everything it said above that it would do. However when done...nothing works. I have had the car since new. I have the owners manual. I have been using it since. One button quit working because garage door malfunction. Now garage door is fixed. One homelink button opens one side but the other side was out. So I used the above instructions which cleared both buttons. Now neither button works. Help?

·
Registered
913 Posts
If you have followed the instructions and the EVIC did show that each button was "trained", and when pressed they now say "channel x transmit" you are only half way there. Now you must follow the instructions on your garage door openers in order for the openers to "learn" the homelink buttons in the car, just as you would if you were adding new remotes or a remote keypad to your garage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts