Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHats up guys. I have received the cool vanilla spray paint and clear. I want to paint the license plate holder and was wondering if anyone could either tell me the way to do it or point me to a post. i dont think is as simple as spray the cool vanilla, let dry, spray another coat, let it dry and then hit it wth clear. i would greatly appreciate any information:biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
First when I say use wet /dry paper,always use it after it has soaked in water for 15-20 min. Add a little dish soap to the water and keep wet. Sand down with 800 grit SP(sand paper). rinse well and dry. Spray a couple thin coats of primer. After it totally dries hit lightly with either 800 or 1000 SP. Couple coats of your color. multiple thin coats are better than heavier wet ones.Follow the color coat's directions as time to wait between coats and after coats before you clear. If you clear to soon you can get what is known as solvent pop (a blister that forms under the clear. After you lay down a couple (ok 3 coats) clear PM me and I'll walk ya thru to a proper finish. You can lay the first clear on just to cover -then 2 medium wet coats. wait for clear to tack between coats

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First when I say use wet /dry paper,always use it after it has soaked in water for 15-20 min. Add a little dish soap to the water and keep wet. Sand down with 800 grit SP(sand paper). rinse well and dry. Spray a couple thin coats of primer. After it totally dries hit lightly with either 800 or 1000 SP. Couple coats of your color. multiple thin coats are better than heavier wet ones.Follow the color coat's directions as time to wait between coats and after coats before you clear. If you clear to soon you can get what is known as solvent pop (a blister that forms under the clear. After you lay down a couple (ok 3 coats) clear PM me and I'll walk ya thru to a proper finish. You can lay the first clear on just to cover -then 2 medium wet coats. wait for clear to tack between coats
sound clear and straight forward. i will have to go get the SP needed for this. but i will PM u as soon as im at the point we left off. thanx a bunch and i will take pictures throught the different stages.:arms:

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
No problem !! Any problem or perceived problem and give me a shout.I'll be glad to help

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
final pics.

here it is guys. i followed yamabob directions and i must say i am very happy with the final result. trust in what he says. the pics are below. i have more and will take better ones but trust me his instructions are like the 10 commandments:fing02: big ups to my boy YAMABOB

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
Thanks for the props,but YOU did the awesome job. Came out great ! You've got one sweet looking C there

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
although i did the job i couldnt have done it without the instructions you provided. I am now thinking of other things to do. will keep you posted.

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
Good deal. I make it up that way gotta hook up and check it out

1 - 12 of 12 Posts