Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. my next mod will be color matching my nav bezel and the four pieces on the steering wheel. my question is do they simply snap off? also i want to paint the shifter. i notice a hole on the back side of it. does anyone know how to remove it. is it alan Key or something else and if so what size. thanx for the help

·
Registered
776 Posts
the nav bezel will simply snap off. Open the ashtray and pull it straight out towards you. remove the plugs for the seat heaters and 12v socket. Then just grab the bezel at the bottom and gently pull towards you bit by bit working your way up. Youll need to remove plugs too for the AC and clock etc. You might want to pull the battery power and wait 15mins for the airbag capacitors to discharge, as all the safety units are right there behind the ashtray. Id also suggest it if you are working on the steering wheel. Youll need to remove the airbag to get access to the steering wheel controls. IIRC the top units are actually screwed on, then you just pry them off. The bottoms pry off. Finally the shift bezel is removed by undoing the two exposed screws you uncovered when removing the ashtray at the front. Then it pulls up. If you want to do the shift knob too, that either unscrews (05-07) or pulls off w/ set screw (08). Good luck!

Ill be doing mine sometime soon too, but Ill be going with PatternTek Its not cheap by any means, but it will be totally custom!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts