Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  MADDOG 
#1 ·
I apologize as I am new to this site and am really unsure of what I am doing, so bare with me if I happen to post a thread under the wrong forum or something. The one thing I do know is that I'm having some issues with my 2006 Chrysler 300 and I'm hoping someone on here has had the same or similar issues and can assist me in any way possible :)

Car Troubles:
1. Car is throwing a U0103 code
2. Having difficulty getting shifter into "Drive"
3. Once I get it into drive, it will not shift past 1st gear.
4. Car will not go over 40mph
5. Car will not go over 3000rpms
6. Car says it's in 8th gear at all times

What I have done to try to remedy the problems:
1. Replaced battery
2. Replaced PCM
3. Replaced shifter assembly

Nothing worked.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forum.

U0103 - Lost communication with Gear Shift Control module (GSC).

The circuit most often used to communicate within the system is known as Controller Area Network bus communications, or simply put, CAN bus. Without this CAN bus, control modules cannot exchange information, and your scan tool may not be able to get information from the vehicle, depending on which circuit is affected.

Typical causes:

Open in the CAN bus + circuit
Open in the CAN bus - circuit
Short to power in either CAN bus circuit
Short to ground in either CAN bus circuit
Rarely - faulty control module

So the most common failure point is a loss of power and/or ground at the GSC. Other codes may be present and those should be scanned for. Most aftermarket or non-Chrysler scanners may not be able to scan deep enough to find other codes. This means you may have to get the vehicle scanned at a dealer.

Good luck!

Read more at: https://www.obd-codes.com/u0103
Copyright OBD-Codes.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.