Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Okay, so the secret is out...
Sadly the world gets to see all the new equipment under her skirt before I do!

It's looking great Ron!
That X-pipe looks huge compared to the itty-bitty little H-pipe and I can't wait to hear and feel the difference...

Here are a few before pics, look at the size of the cans on that baby!!

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
Whoo Hoo!! pretty car,.......Nice pipes too!!:banana:

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Mr.DJ said:
So, is your new 'Vette now only going to have two exhaust tips...instead of the OEM four? Irregardless, it's just another fine example of another clean custom install. :fing02:
Yes sir, that is correct.
Ron will chime in here, as I didn't get exact measurements, but the dual tips were restrictively perched on what looked to be about 2" pipes.
The new set-up should open it up and let her do a little heavy breathing :)

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts
Well Linda it looks like what I told you Ron told me, awhile back, was true. R&D on your Vette is finally happening, yes. Congrats again on such a beautiful Vette. That is my favorite color too. All that sexy yellow. Enjoy the Zoomers on the Vette. Tell Ron hello for me and that I love the Zoomers on my 3CSRT.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
HEMEEE said:
Here Ron, this one's for you...
Nice banner shot:

Now I like your car, because you now have Zoomers! :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Gooood looking car Linda!!

I still like yellow rods, but the wife hates yellow. Now for the blower out the hood to really make the car complete. ;)

I see a couple of pre-emptive strikes on the board lately. Hmm.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The pipes are 2.5" coming out the exhaust chambers. 2.5" in 2.5" out. I'll be shooting the video tomorrow so all of you can hear what she sounds like plus look for final dyno results... Stay tuned.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
aperformance said:
The pipes are 2.5" coming out the exhaust chambers. 2.5" in 2.5" out. I'll be shooting the video tomorrow so all of you can hear what she sounds like plus look for final dyno results... Stay tuned.
Ron,, what were they coming out oem, hubbeee said he thought they were less than 2", more like 1.75?

I hope it doesn't rain on your parade tomorrow:umbrella: ...Literally!

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
HEMEEE said:
Ron,, what were they coming out oem, hubbeee said he thought they were less than 2", more like 1.75?

I hope it doesn't rain on your parade tomorrow:umbrella: ...Literally!
I think it was 1.75" tiny exits for sure... Took the Vette for the first test drive this morning and all I can say is Wow :bigeyes2: It sounds just awesome at WOT. with a nice deep idle... I won't be doing the video today because we are makeing a few tweeks to stop any drone in the cabin which vettes are notorious....There is a slight buz between 1400 and 1600rpm that I want to get rid of. So.. the Video will have to wait til tomorrow or Saturday morning. Linda if your coming Sat you could actually partisipate in the shoot or at least watch...I hope to do the final dyno Friday afternoon and weather permitting do the video as well. You are going to love this exhaust it looks so cool better than I could ever imagine.... I'll keep you posted. Ron

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Hey Hubbeee,
Since I know you're following this thread.....:wave:

:party: Happy Birthday Big Guy!! :fest30:

:You_Rock_ :arms: :veryhappy :35: :dance: :notworthy :present: :friday: :wink: :popcorn: :wiggle: :32: :flowers1: :hug: :wavey: :D :beerchug: :hail::You_Rock_

:yikes: You're HOW old?? :wall:

:fest06: :birthday: :fest06:

Love ya too much...
:smlove2: Your favorite Wifeee... :kiss:​

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
WOW!!
That looks fantastic Ron! The tips are perfectly aligned to the outer edge and slant of the rear valance... beautifully done. I can hardly wait to hear it!! I got some emails and PM's from some of the guys that were down there last week for install and they got to hear it before I did... :puppy_dog
Everyone of them said it sounded incredible, I'm so excited! :01:

All together now... count to 3... and wish the rain away so we can dyno again, get the videos done, and get her back home with meee!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts