Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping to buy this combo about now, but there is no AWD hemi ::crying:: . What about 2016? Anybody in the know?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I can only guess, but based on what I've read the 5.7/AWD combination was chosen by a fairly small percentage of 300 buyers. Therefore, FCA has decided to eliminate that and offer AWD only with the 6-cylinder.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I was hoping to buy this combo about now, but there is no AWD hemi ::crying:: . What about 2016? Anybody in the know?
I'm in the same boat, I was hoping to upgrade my 2011 sometime later this year (or early next year) with a Hemi AWD with the safetytech option, but I'll probably wait now to see if it is available in a later year, or see if I can find a newer used model with the options I want.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I can only guess, but based on what I've read the 5.7/AWD combination was chosen by a fairly small percentage of 300 buyers. Therefore, FCA has decided to eliminate that and offer AWD only with the 6-cylinder.
Coz ppl were waiting for the 8 speed... so stupid of them. Instead of finally giving ppl what they want, they cancel it all together. I personally was gonna get a 2012 AWD but no 8 speed so I waited. I'm sure many others out there felt the same

·
Registered
178 Posts
Coz ppl were waiting for the 8 speed... so stupid of them. Instead of finally giving ppl what they want, they cancel it all together. I personally was gonna get a 2012 AWD but no 8 speed so I waited. I'm sure many others out there felt the same
The 5.7 has so much torque...does the 8-speed make a difference? Not to me. More likely that people didn't want to pay a premium for the HEMI and then even more on top of that for AWD.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The gear ratios of the 8 speed would have had benefits at both ends. Here are the ratios...

4.714 3.143 2.106 1.667 1.285 1.000 0.839 0.667

3.595 2.186 1.405 1.000 0.831

Notice the extra multiplication in first, and the better overdrive? Better launch AND more mileage...

A no brainer!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Not enough real difference to say I wouldn't buy it without the 8 speed.

·
Registered
422 Posts
The Charger Pursuit Police car can be had with the HEMI and AWD. So it's not like the parts for it aren't on the shelf.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Charger Pursuit Police car can be had with the HEMI and AWD...

Is this a 2015, 8 speed model?

·
Registered
275 Posts
The Charger Pursuit Police car can be had with the HEMI and AWD. So it's not like the parts for it aren't on the shelf.
The Police HEMI package has the 5-speed. I was also hoping to find a leftover 2014 HEMI AWD, but none (new) in my area. I guess we'll all just have to wait for the 2016/17 refresh to see what's available.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The gear ratios of the 8 speed would have had benefits at both ends. Here are the ratios...

4.714 3.143 2.106 1.667 1.285 1.000 0.839 0.667

3.595 2.186 1.405 1.000 0.831

Notice the extra multiplication in first, and the better overdrive? Better launch AND more mileage...

A no brainer!
The 8 speed is very clunky and takes a bit to kickdown. Also searches for gears a lot.

I drove an 8 speed Ram for 3 days and an 8 speed 300 for a couple of weeks - the 5 speed is a lot smoother and responsive.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Respectfully disagree. 8 speed in 300, when working properly, is one of the finest slushboxes ever produced. Smooth as butter, very responsive, and never hunts gears. Sport mode (shifts at higher revs) and shift paddles just add to experience. One in RAM may be programmed differently.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I was also hoping to find a leftover 2014 HEMI AWD, but none (new) in my area.
Search New Inventory Results

Here's how I found mine...These cars were as much as 20% off last october, so bargain accordingly!

One place I made an offer to laughed at my numbers, but called me 3 weeks later-because it was the end of the month.

Buy it and get it shipped...waiting sucks, be prepared to spend alot of time on the phone, but SO worth it to see your new baby roll up on the transporter!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Search New Inventory Results

Here's how I found mine...These cars were as much as 20% off last october, so bargain accordingly!

One place I made an offer to laughed at my numbers, but called me 3 weeks later-because it was the end of the month.

Buy it and get it shipped...waiting sucks, be prepared to spend alot of time on the phone, but SO worth it to see your new baby roll up on the transporter!
You know, I just tried looking up a couple that are some distance away and got no window sticker available from Chrysler. One "new" 2014 AWD that I did ask about from a dealer a few weeks ago showed up as in service for almost a year when I asked Chrysler customer service for a build sheet. Then when I asked the dealer about any damage or excess miles, they told me sorry they had sold all their 2014 cars on the lot, but they're happy to offer 2015's (no HEMI/AWD in 2015 except for police package).

Makes me wonder, bait & switch?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts