Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new here and have some questions. I found an 06 Chrysler 300c on Craigslist for $3,300. Pretty cheap so I'm gonna go for it. Problem is, the engine that was in it is bad. Valve seat fell out is what the mechanic told me. My question is what year hemi 5.7 engines will work as a replacement for this car? I'm gonna try to look for an engine on Craigslist and in wrecking yards. Can I use an engine from a dodge ram or Chrysler aspen? Or any 5.7 hemi? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,078 Posts
Up to 08 i believe in 09 they went to a differant style head and intake manifold,if you find a compleat 09 up though just not a long block it will work,truck engines i wanna say there differant as well as well as the cam.and thats about as far as i know,hopefully someone else will chime in.good luck,and welcome from Deadwood SD.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Ok thanks for the reply. Do you know if the truck engines have differnt cams? Or are all hemis up till 08 the same? I've heard that the early 5.7 didn't have MDS?
No, the 5.7L had MDS right from the beginning.

·
Registered
81 Posts
he's what I know , all the hemi engine's were designed to use MDS , the trucks that did not have MDS , had the holes under the intake plugged with plastic plugs , the cars had the MDS soleniods there , I don't know if you can just remove the plugs on the truck engines and install the MDS , I have no idea if it will work or not ? or vise versa ? hope someone with the tech info will chime in ???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts