Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 300c and found some heads on a 2007 dodge charger police edition.
I was wondering since my heads are shot will these from the charger work on my engine?
Any info would be great thanks

·
Registered
865 Posts
Yes, bolt on and just make sure the intake, actually all, of the valve seats are secure before you install them. What happened to your current heads?

Reactions: Hemiway4me

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, bolt on and just make sure the intake, actually all, of the valve seats are secure before you install them. What happened to your current heads?
The heads were no good. The guy I took them to said they would cost more to. Fix than getting a good used set so I found the ones off a 2007 charger police edition.. for 100.00 a piece!
Of course I had them surfaced and valves checked..
The car overheats after driving about 15 min..
I changed thermostat and flushed system
The bleed port is stripped out so can't purge them very good..

·
Registered
865 Posts
I am sure you're familiar with the dropped valve seat issue on the 05-06 and some 07 Hemi's. That's why I recommend you have all of the valve seats checked, especially the intakes, which are the most common ones to drop. If one or more were to drop, you'd have a big mess on your hands. IMO, better to spend a little more now rather than a lot more later.

Reactions: Hemiway4me

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am sure you're familiar with the dropped valve seat issue on the 05-06 and some 07 Hemi's. That's why I recommend you have all of the valve seats checked, especially the intakes, which are the most common ones to drop. If one or more were to drop, you'd have a big mess on your hands. IMO, better to spend a little more now rather than a lot more later.
Thank you.I will do that..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts