Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to fellow Chrysler 300 owners/enthusiast's. I own (about a year now) a 2010 Chrysler 300S with 5.7 HEMI MDS VVT engine w/5 speed automatic transmission (55,000+ miles). I've discovered when I have it in manual 4th that I'm running on all 8 cylinders and when in D I'm in the MDS mode. I've been driving in town and shorter distances in manual 4th for 8 cylinders and on expressway/trip longer distances in the D MDS mode. My opinion is that is similar to how I use to drive my GMC Suburbans in regular D or Overdrive mode. I hesitate running short distances with the MDS going on and off. Any thoughts? JJWA

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Greetings to fellow Chrysler 300 owners/enthusiast's. I own (about a year now) a 2010 Chrysler 300S with 5.7 HEMI MDS VVT engine w/5 speed automatic transmission (55,000+ miles). I've discovered when I have it in manual 4th that I'm running on all 8 cylinders and when in D I'm in the MDS mode. I've been driving in town and shorter distances in manual 4th for 8 cylinders and on expressway/trip longer distances in the D MDS mode. My opinion is that is similar to how I use to drive my GMC Suburbans in regular D or Overdrive mode. I hesitate running short distances with the MDS going on and off. Any thoughts? JJWA
You don't have to be in 4th to bypass MDS. Anytime you're in Autostick mode, MDS is deactivated.

I wouldn't worry about it. Even police and taxi units with 5.7s function just fine puttering around town without deactivating MDS.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts