Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Hemi motor oil leak/ Rear main seal leak/ bridge loose MUST READ!

11K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  silver06hemic 
#1 ·
This has been an interesting ordeal. Back in August 2016, I saw a small spot of oil on the garage floor, under where my 300c was parked, while backing out of the garage. I was on my way to my buddies shop to change the oil so I thought no big deal. Upon inspection while car was on lift, I saw oil dripping between engine and bell-housing. It was apparent that the rear seal was leaking. I looked above on all sides of the motor with a bright light and saw nothing coming from above. I was lucky to have the 2008 LIFETIME POWERTRAIN WARRANTY on my car, as I bought it new. I had it inspected as required by Chrysler a few years back and was hoping the rear seal would be covered. Made a call to the dealership, described the oil leak and was told to bring it in. I was given a loaner and 4 weeks, yes 4 weeks later I was told car was fixed. Their diagnosis was a loose oil filter prior to oil change I did before bringing car in. LOL not true as I needed an oil filter wrench to remove it and it was coming from the bell housing area. I paid my $100 deductible and drove my car home. The following morning on my clean garage floor, another oil spot! Returned back to dealership and showed a picture I took showing the new oil leak. Another loaner car and yes 4 weeks later I'm told she is now fixed. Replaced PVC valve, (same was replaced 8 months earlier by myself), and also told intake gaskets were leaking and needed replacement. All covered under warranty.
I picked up my car for the 2nd time and drove it home (4 weeks later). The following morning I backed up again and sure enough, oil on the ground again! This time it was necessary to contact the service manager, and the general manager, of the incompetent service I was experiencing on my car. I was asked again to return my 300 and pick up another loaner. Six days later, I get a call saying the rear main seal was the cause of the leak! Apparently folks there is an issue with the Hemi leaking at the rear seal and hopefully you have a competent dealer that understands what a rear seal looks like when it leaks. I found it out myself, (the first time), yet had to explain it to factory trained technicians! Sad but 100% true!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Not surprised by the dealer... Am surprised about the seal... Sorry for your issues but the good news is you have that warranty! Sure wish mine did!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.