Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am just finishing a week of driving the new 300C and wanted to share my impressions. Chrysler Canada was kind enough to provide me with a new fully optioned Satin Jade car for a week (I know, some guys get all the luck) and I've got to say that it is one of the best vehicles I have ever driven. There are enough special features to satisfy any technophile, and the level of comfort is second to none. My background is Big Block chevy (62 to 69) and lots of drag racing (87 Buick Grand National) so I am a tough sell on Mopars. This is the quickest full size stock car that I have driven. Most sports /musclecars will have a hard time keeping up. With the ESP traction control on it will out accelerate any thing in the rain . On dry pavement with the shifter kicked down to first gear (hold it there to the left (-) postion and the ESP engaged )this is a solid 13 second car. I do not believe that the HP and Torque ratings are accurate, I think they have been downplayed for insurance purposes. This car is recognized by anyone from 9 to 90, and those import car drivers who don't know what Hemi means get to see the name on the trunklid in a hurry(or when they catch up to you at the next stop light!) :D Marc

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is exactly the combo I got. It looks beautiful and receives lots of attention. It's a very nice change from a silver colour.
Marc

·
Registered
149 Posts
Cool observations! :cool: I too come from Chevy's. SB though. 5 Camaros(RS', Z28's and SS's). For what it is, I'm with you, it's hard to beat and beats just about anything is it's price and classification.
5 years ago I would have sworn I'd own nothing but GM for the rest of my life(why, I don't know), but they dropped the ball and Chrysler has picked it up. Good for Chrysler, too bad for GM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts