Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2010 300C 5.7L makes a slight ticking noise, it sounds like it is on the passenger side of the engine, it's audible from outside the car and easily noticeable. It doesn't go away when the engine is warmed up but isn't loud enough to be heard from more than a foot or two away. This is my first Hemi and I've heard of the Hemi tick being loose exhaust manifold bolts and that when the engine warms up it'll go away. Is it possible my lifter is ticking very faintly and I'm about to have some serious issues?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I came over from the GM Family back in 2007 when I bought a brand new 2007 Dodge Ram Quad Cab w/ the HEMI. I complained about the TICK, and everyone at the dealership assured me that this is OK. 160,000 miles later, this HEMI is still a beast. So I bought a 2013 300C w/ the HEMI. LOVE IT.

Like everyone else has said, YES the TICK is normal. Enjoy the HEMI!!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
My 2012 Dodge Challenger has had the dreaded "hemi tick" right from almost day one, now, after 117,000 trouble free miles, it sounds the same, almost like the car has kind of quiet solid lifters. Runs great and does not leak or use oil. Our 2014 Chrysler 300C w/hemi, same deal but quieter, that car has 58K on it now.
Not worried about it now!

Reactions: SCMRoman

·
Registered
29 Posts
Check your oil for metal flakes, do you have a misfire? Its common for hemis to tick, but the hemis are also known for having bad lifters. When the bearing on the lifter locks up it will eat into your cam shaft and you will hear a ticking noise. Im not sure how common that is on a 2010, but im going through the issue right now on my 07 300c

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
A lot of info on lifters going bad and damaging the cam. A slight tic is somewhat normal. A "Tap" is not. Louder and a bit deeper in sound. Again, both my Hemis have had a tick. No problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts