Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spoke to brighton and the rep told me they got allocated 3 srt8's only, a black one and two silver ones. I said oh cripes thats not much did i get allocated one? He said yep, and your internet buddy hemi57 got one too!

Fantastic news eh! Especially considering they took orders for 7 of them, and only got allocated 3. Thank god I didnt waste the $495 on the plates, all i can say now is bring on may (actually head office said it might come in april, fingers crossed) and bring on the beast!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
wow, Domenic, great news :) and on Australia Day to :D

Congratulations on being in an exclusive "club".

Thanks for the update. I have been so busy at work I haven't had any time to make contact with DC HO or even my the boys at Brighton either.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only problem i have is when i ordered mine they couldn't tell me exactly what colours were going to be available, so i said silver and arranged with the rep to come in and possibly change that when they found out exactly what colours were going to be available. My first choice colour would actually be mineral grey, but brighton say it isn't coming. Which confuses the hell out of me because a girl from DC HO said it was coming. Now i am stuck with silver apparently, and they still dont know exactly what colours are coming. From that perspective i think chrysler are a shambles, none of the dealers know exactly what is happening with this car (it was the same with the standard 300c early on). I'm going to try and find out some info from DC HO today and if possible change the colour to min grey IF it's coming.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My dealer called me today. He said my order was confirmed, he reckons they are already on the water coming here for late march/april. No more than 81K and only the same colours as the USA. They all come with sunroofs.:)

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Domenic, I spoke to Brighton yesterday and they mentioned you were in there on the weekend and sorted out your colour. Hope it worked out.

srt6.1, I also spoke to DC HQ yesterday and they said the SRT8s were due for production "late January, early February", so if that is true then they will be on the water soon.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
srt6.1 said:
My dealer called me today. He said my order was confirmed, he reckons they are already on the water coming here for late march/april. No more than 81K and only the same colours as the USA. They all come with sunroofs.:)
My dealer didn't mention anything about them all being with sunroof, I reckon that's balony but will gladly be proved wrong. :)
Also re 81k, i think you'll find that doesnt include on-roads, it'll be 90k on road i'm sure of it. Again, would LOVE to be proved wrong on that too!

Hemi57 said:
Domenic, I spoke to Brighton yesterday and they mentioned you were in there on the weekend and sorted out your colour. Hope it worked out.

srt6.1, I also spoke to DC HQ yesterday and they said the SRT8s were due for production "late January, early February", so if that is true then they will be on the water soon.
Yeah i've eventually settled for silver, without regret, i just would love to see them all lined up so i could choose....never mind, it's not like i only wanted the grey, it was always a very close call. I'd be happy with even black now, i really love all the colours that this car comes in.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Dominic, on the price front I reckon you will be pleasantly surprised.

I have travelled the US Interstates and cities for thousands of miles and numerous weeks. It is my opinion (and that of the Management (you know who :D)) that the 300C is a design which is better in a lighter colour. I would never have thought before I had seen so many that Cool Vanilla is my favourite 300C colour.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been thinking about this sunroof thing all day, I remember when we bought the missus her cherokee ltd they said all of them were coming with sunroof due to a glitch in ordering, so the sunroof came at a discount. I hope that's what is happening here!

SRT.08 - flying by you at a furious rate of knots on a street near you soon.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hemi57 said:
Dominic, on the price front I reckon you will be pleasantly surprised.

I have travelled the US Interstates and cities for thousands of miles and numerous weeks. It is my opinion (and that of the Management (you know who :D)) that the 300C is a design which is better in a lighter colour. I would never have thought before I had seen so many that Cool Vanilla is my favourite 300C colour.
Hi HEMI57.My self and the self promoted upper management think that our midnite blue is the best colour, even if it is close to the colour of one of our other Chryslers. Thats the rarest colour here and a mate of mine phones and say,s "guess what car has been parked in our driveway?" I don,t need to tell you what colour, do I? Last week I picked our son up from the airport in A HEMI and as we are walk thru the car park theres a blue one parked about six spaces away. (anyone on this forum?)
HEMI57 have you thought about Chryslers on the Concrete cruise night (next tuesday if your in town and anyone else in Melb. interested)
Small world HEMI57, found we have a mutual friend from your last place of work.
Cheers

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
arnold patch said:
HEMI57 have you thought about Chryslers on the Concrete cruise night (next tuesday if your in town and anyone else in Melb. interested)
What's this about?

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
arnold, of course I meant no offence and it does not appear any has been taken on the colour preference. I agree that the Blue is the rarest. Not that I have seen many 300C around, but the ones I have are all silver, with one black exception.

Intriguing that you know someone from my past life. Is it Glen? who lives out your way??

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did i just miss something? Why would anyone take offence at someone not liking a car's colour? Personally i least like the blue 300's, but who cares what i think? It's irrelevent. All that matters is what the owner thinks, if he/she loves it then good for them. If someone come up to me and said they really dislike the silver it's so common blah blah i'd say really wow isnt that funny, cause i love it! Taking offence at his opinion wouldn't even enter my mind! :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Domenic said:
What's this about?
Hi Domenic. Chryslers on the Concrete is a loosely organised meeting by a couple of Mopar enthusiasts on the first tuesday of the month in the car park of Safeway supermart right outside of the Sugar Art Cafe on the corner of Manningham and High St. just down from Doncaster Shoppingtown. Starts around 6-30pm and has been attracting about 35 to 40 Chryslers, even though each month this summer the weather on that tuesday has been rather ordinary.
The whole range of Chrysler products turn up - from humble Valiant Rangers thru to R/T Chargers, Cudas, Challengers etc.
"Chryslers on the Concrete" is a play on words for the biggest and best Chrysler show in the Southern hemisphere each March in Albury N.S.W. called "Chryslers on the Murray". For Mopar people this is "the" event.
HEMI57 - no wrong person.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Domenic said:
Did i just miss something? Why would anyone take offence at someone not liking a car's colour? Personally i least like the blue 300's, but who cares what i think? It's irrelevent. All that matters is what the owner thinks, if he/she loves it then good for them. If someone come up to me and said they really dislike the silver it's so common blah blah i'd say really wow isnt that funny, cause i love it! Taking offence at his opinion wouldn't even enter my mind! :)
Dom, it's only friendly banter :pat: . I have met Arnold and we had a good chat and there is no problemo and I agree wholeheartly, one person's opinion is their own and they shouldn't expect others to agree.

It will be you and I driving around in common ole' Silver 300s and Arnold king of the road in his rare Blue.:01:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
arnold patch said:
Hi Domenic. Chryslers on the Concrete is a loosely organised meeting by a couple of Mopar enthusiasts on the first tuesday of the month in the car park of Safeway supermart right outside of the Sugar Art Cafe on the corner of Manningham and High St. just down from Doncaster Shoppingtown. Starts around 6-30pm and has been attracting about 35 to 40 Chryslers, even though each month this summer the weather on that tuesday has been rather ordinary.
The whole range of Chrysler products turn up - from humble Valiant Rangers thru to R/T Chargers, Cudas, Challengers etc.
"Chryslers on the Concrete" is a play on words for the biggest and best Chrysler show in the Southern hemisphere each March in Albury N.S.W. called "Chryslers on the Murray". For Mopar people this is "the" event.
HEMI57 - no wrong person.
Cheers
I know the place well, one of my best mates used to live in lwr templestowe and i'd always be up there buying booze and bbq supplies. Also met an ex-girlfriend when she worked behind the counter in the TAB in macedon sq.

This sounds pretty cool, so count me in when i get my chrysler delivered! (whenever that will be)

I'm guessing a few of these in attendence would be fairly clued up on mopar spare parts and mods? Might be a good place to thrash out ideas, and also learn from everyone's knowledge and experience!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hemi57 said:
Dom, it's only friendly banter :pat: . I have met Arnold and we had a good chat and there is no problemo and I agree wholeheartly, one person's opinion is their own and they shouldn't expect others to agree.

It will be you and I driving around in common ole' Silver 300s and Arnold king of the road in his rare Blue.:01:
I know many (most?) 300's sold are probably silver, but they're not mostly srt8's though are they! :;):
We'll be rare as hen's teeth for a fair while i reckon.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Domenic said:
I know many (most?) 300's sold are probably silver, but they're not mostly srt8's though are they! :;):
We'll be rare as hen's teeth for a fair while i reckon.
You're right guys - who cares what colour you get. As long as you love it thats all that matters. I just ordered mine in Black and as yet have not seen one on the road in Black or Silver !! This Chyrslers on the Concrete sounds like a great idea - when i get my car i'll be sure to check it out!:naughty:

·
Registered
461 Posts
yeh i rang my dealer today and asked about my 300c that i ordered very early jan and he said their arriving in australia on april 11 and allow for up to 2 weeks to get passed customs and delivered to canberra, so much for the late feb early march del
i cant wait for mine, but this will give me a chance to save up more money for mods

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
turk, yeah DC told me that the delivery dates are starting to extend out a fair bit.

I might be listing HEMI 57 for sale soon, so watch out anyone out there who wants a 300C Hemi and doesn't want to wait to get behind the wheel.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts