Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Hey..What with the SRT8 regisrty and no 300C registry?

3K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  EricG 
#1 ·
From what I see the SRT8 comes in plain vanilla and Plain Vanilla. It seems to me one can configure 300C's that are much fewer in terms of production numbers (more unique) BECAUSE THERE ARE SOME MANY MORE OPTIONS OR WAYS TO CONFIGURE A 300C, that in the end a truly low production (highly optioned ) 300C may be worth more at the Barrett-Jackson in 20 years from now. So why not a 300C registry too?

#2 ·
see-saw

So that's the way you see it?

Sounds like a little mis-placed SRT envy. It happens.

But seriously, the SRT8 in the 300C flavor is produced one way only -- LOADED! Then you can add only a few more bits to create the ultra luxo super cruiser. The car has everything a 300C has except MDS!

Then you simply have to be able to count. How many were made?. Even though SRT8 production is very high on the 300C model, regular C's are still being made in much higher numbers. And don't hold your breath waiting for B/J to sell these cars. It'll be a while. Maybe never!

Usually, the low volume Hi Po version of any car is worth much more than a high volume model. Period.

#3 ·
All I can add to what Steve said is you only had to be here 3 years ago to really appreciate how unique and special the SRT8 was. When it was first shown at Pebble Beach in August 04, it created such a stir this site grew by leaps and bounds. Everyone wanted to learn as much as possible. When they started rolling out 2, 3, 4 a week, well you can imagine what that was like here. The registry was started to keep track of this rare car.

Unfortunately a lot of the initial excitement is gone now because frankly if you want one you can easily get one these days. It's no longer considered a rare car. That was not the case 3 years ago. Some waited almost a year to finally get theirs. It was only natural that the 300C took a back seat to the SRT8.

I should add that if a 300C regisrty thread was started prior to the debut of the SRT8 it would be huge and still growing. Too bad no one had the idea to start it back then. That's not to say you can't start one yourself ya know. The only problem is it wouldn't be chronological by delivery date like the SRT8 one is, or at least started as.

Bernie

#4 ·
If you would like to register your car there is a 5.7 300C registry over on LXForums.

#6 ·
What you all say makes sense. And yes I do like the SRT8 better than the 300C for all the obvious reasons and I would have ordered one if it came with an AWD option. You see the 300C AWD is my winter beater. Most of my other muscle cars are are faster and much rarer than the SRT8 but are undrivable in New England winters and those that I could drive in New England winters would get ruined so I don't. So....so much for my 300C registry idea. Best regards, Mike

#8 ·
... And yes I do like the SRT8 better than the 300C for all the obvious reasons and I would have ordered one if it came with an AWD option. You see the 300C AWD is my winter beater.
I'm in the exact same boat as you, I would have put money down on one of those, in fact, I tried to, back in the first year and again the 08 model year, but it was not to be.

I almost got an SRT8 JGC because of that but I just don't like SUVs.

I think a 300C SRT8 AWD would be an awesome car, power and traction. I used to have a race-modified Mitsu 3000GTO or VR4 as it is known in the US, twin-turbo, AWD, AWS, it was a hoot to drive.

#7 ·
As a big fan of muscle cars I would like to see some pic's of yours.

#9 ·
Not all of us wanted an SRT8 (and it's certainly not envy). The SRT8 makes NO sense "for me" to be used as a daily driver here in PA. It's bad enough trying to get the stock 5.7L to move in snow and I just can't see rollin on Blizzack's on an SRT8.

If I was going to own any SRT8 for "collectibility" it would be the JGC or the Challenger but even at that, it's highly unlikely these cars will ever be "rare" (I may eat those words.) By the time these cars would be old enough to be rare, most of us 30 somethings and all of the older gents will be gone.. All the kiddies will be all grown up and reminiscing of the Honda Civic they had with the 8" Fart Pipe, and a bone stock vanilla Civic will bring 80K at Barret to the then 50 something that had one when he was 16.

:)

#12 ·
Per your request Bigsnake. Here is a picture 3 of the 4; the 4th is a 1996 Impala SS. Mike
Your pic didn't come through Mike. If you need help on that, just post here.

Bernie

#11 ·
Can someone tell me how to post a picture. I tried it through the "attach files and hit the manage attachments button" then went to the jpeg file via browse and found the file on my computer and hit "upload" but it isn't working. The file appears to upload as it should but when the message got posted it wasn't attached. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Mike

#13 ·
We must have been posting at the same time. Matter of fact it was the same time.

This should help you...

To post pics, here's what you need to do:

1. Go to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and register. It's a free image/video hosting site and not hard to understand.
2. Look for where it says "Upload Images or Video from your PC.
3. Navigate to where the image is on your computer and that's it.
4. Once the image is uploaded to Photobucket you'll see a thumbnail of it in your album.
5. Click in the bottom box, the one called "IMG Code". That will turn the text yellow and say "copied"
6. Go to the the "Reply to Thread" window here where we make posts and either right click and select "Paste" or using the keyboard, press CTRL+V. You'll see a string of characters appear. As long as it starts and ends with you should have no problems. You can click on the "Preview Post" button to make sure it was successful.

Bernie

#32 ·
Thanks Rambitm, your instructions were clear and concise.
Per your request Bigsnake, here's the picture although I seems I may have more snakes than you:)

Damn dude, love your rides!

Eric

#15 ·
Nice rides! Hey, your lawn isn't too shabby either!!!

Bernie

#17 ·
Hi rambit: Yes I do the mowing of over an acre of lawn thank God I have a Lazer Z which is a zero turn commercial grade mower otherwise it would take me forever to do it. The detached garage the cars are parked in front of has a 4 post lift so I can work on the cars and park one under the other.

Benro the Impala SS is like a hotrod Fleetwood wouldn't you agree?

#18 ·
Hi rambit: Yes I do the mowing of over an acre of lawn thank God I have a Lazer Z which is a zero turn commercial grade mower otherwise it would take me forever to do it. The detached garage the cars are parked in front of has a 4 post lift so I can work on the cars and park one under the other.

Benro the Impala SS is like a hotrod Fleetwood wouldn't you agree?
That's funny right there...haha. Here I'm thinking it was your house and wondering why it was so small...haha!!!

Bernie

#19 ·
Great photo! I like all of them. Especially the Snake!:biggrin:

#21 ·
Hi Folks: I picked up my new 300 yesterday and put 100 miles on it. Now I understand why you all are such passionate owners. It does put a smile on your face when you drive it! Mike
Congrats!!! I can see your grin from here!!!

Bernie

#24 ·
Hey rambit: Your 300 looks just like mine. Black is beautiful! Mike
There's another colour? I thought all 300's were black...haha!!! If not, well they should be!!!

Bernie

#27 ·
Hey I am used to maintaining black cars. I now have 3 of them. I use Zaino products www.zainostore.com This is a non wax polish system and I highly recommend it. Mike
This black stays cleaner looking a lot longer than any other black I've ever owned. I think it's the metalic flakes that help offset the dust.

Bernie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.