Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have 6.1L hemi. I am getting it with a hhp stage 2 blower cam. Is this gonna suck if I don't plan to go blower or etc til next year.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Do you have the specs on the cam?

Blower cams typical have less overlap than NA cams. The valves don't open together for as long. I don't know first hand what kind of power you would loose. But if you can I would swap it out for another. Maybe you can find a low mileage used, or if you have to trade! How far are you from boosting, if at all?

I know that boost on NA cams, its harder to build boost because you are just pushing it right out during the overlap. From what I have seen its a pretty big loose at higher rpm's/boost. But like I said I really cant answer it the other way around

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
ahhh idk if its worse wouldn't say that!

put some nitrous in it for now!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
She will feel a little soft with a blower cam but only when compared to a bigger one... if your for sure boosting next year then I'd throw it in now so you are ready while the motor is out. If you are 50/50 on the boost next year then stick where you are at or go with a big cam and switch it up when your ready to boost. Other than install you never really lose much on a cam to be honest...

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
No the cam alone doesn't and I'd say for right now your fine without one... you will want to consider a stall when you boost to match the charger you put in, some like a higher spinning centrifugal will like a little bit more stall, others like a KB and Maggie won't need it add much as they are going to provide some pretty gut wrenching torque from quite low down. What blower are you considering down the road pal?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts