Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined up. I've been lurking the forums for a bit now and thought I should make an account. I don't have a 300 at the moment, I drive a Pontiac GTO. A 2nd Gen SRT 300 is on my short list of next cars. I've always liked them since they came out. Not a new take, I wish they did it with the 8 speed back then so you could pick em up cheaper than the 2023 300C, but here we are. Anyways, love seeing the knowledge being passed around. Hope to contribute while I'm here.

· Registered
2020 300s 5.7 Alloy Edition
293 Posts
Just joined up. I've been lurking the forums for a bit now and thought I should make an account. I don't have a 300 at the moment, I drive a Pontiac GTO. A 2nd Gen SRT 300 is on my short list of next cars. I've always liked them since they came out. Not a new take, I wish they did it with the 8 speed back then so you could pick em up cheaper than the 2023 300C, but here we are. Anyways, love seeing the knowledge being passed around. Hope to contribute while I'm here.
Welcome from NC!:)

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Automotive parking light

· Registered
293 Posts
Thanks. 300 came well equipped from the factory - no mods planned. Owned a 2004 Mercury Marauder previously. Spent a boatload on mods and still had 50 RWHP less than the 5.7 Eagle motor stock. Let's not forget the Mercedes E Class and S Class pedigree - still viable/relevant after all of these years.

2020 300s 5.7L

Alloy Package
Premium Group 1
Alpine Audio Group
Quick Order Package
Mopar Interior Appearance Group

Security Wheel Lugs
Front License Plate Frame
Mopar All Weather Floor Mats
(The last three I bought over the counter).

Simoniz Diamond Coat Caramic Coating professionally applied this past December.

The upcoming 2023 300C is very appealing.:cool:

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, that's a real looker. Black is never my first color choice for ownership, but I loooove looking at them.

The 5.7 motor is stout no question. I think that's a big reason why R/T cars have sold so incredbily well too. Solid platform. Just runs really well.
Have you had any other 300s previously? Mostly just looking for a comparison on the idea of a 6.4/5 speed vs 5.7/8 speed. I've driven a 3.6/8 speed 300C, and that was very nice. I'm too much of a car guy to leave things well alone, so I always want the fast one instead of the "sensible" one. I imagine the answer is awesome, how do you feel about dailying your 300?

Hows the ceramic coating? Always interested in reviews of products that I could use.

· Registered
293 Posts
Yeah, that's a real looker. Black is never my first color choice for ownership, but I loooove looking at them.

The 5.7 motor is stout no question. I think that's a big reason why R/T cars have sold so incredbily well too. Solid platform. Just runs really well.
Have you had any other 300s previously? Mostly just looking for a comparison on the idea of a 6.4/5 speed vs 5.7/8 speed. I've driven a 3.6/8 speed 300C, and that was very nice. I'm too much of a car guy to leave things well alone, so I always want the fast one instead of the "sensible" one. I imagine the answer is awesome, how do you feel about dailying your 300?

Hows the ceramic coating? Always interested in reviews of products that I could use.
I rarely drive anymore, the last week of December and the first two weeks of January were an exception as I was with my daughter's family out of state..

Last Chrysler product (bought new) was a 1985 LeBaron GTS. Good car, horrible dealers, every last one of them - maybe I'm cursed. My mom and dad owned a 'like new' 14,000 mile 1967 Newport Sedan bought in 1968 - decent car.

The forerunner of ceramic was acrylic coatings, my 2005 Mustang GT had acrylic applied shortly after delivery - paint was largely still immaculate when sold in 2020. Ceramic-Graphene Coating is the current craze.

The 5.7's current exhaust system? Take a look at it - I would leave well enough alone - don't think it can be improved. Maybe noisier......then you take a chance of loosing it's currently well engineered efficiency.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts