Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I am picking up a 300c CRD Touring next week and was wondering if anyone has the Startech Diesel power upgrade or any other type of power upgrade fitted to their CRD?

The only 300c i have test driven had it fitted and i'm wondering if the car i'm collecting next week is going to appear a lot slower than the one i test drove and if i will need to get the upgrade fitted. :biggrin:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hey Mr Lambournkoi,

if you search this forum with "chips" as the keyword and search "titles only" as one of the options you will get a bunch of threads about this.

good luck.

I have a mate who bought the "spider" and he reckons its pretty good.

regards

elpirata

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi Lambournkoi and welcome to the forum. There are quite a crowd of regulars on the European & Diesel page and really we are a friendly bunch - I have never known of anyone getting a "put-down" for any reason whatsoever. So you are very welcome to our group. You will love your new car - what colour did you go for? Mine is Mineral Grey and the Touring body sets it off perfectly (and unlike the black it still looks good when a little bit of dust settles on it) Mind you the black is a real "wow" car (when clean). Stefan is the man to speak to for polishing cars - I have heard he also drives his now and again between polishing sessions. As far as adding a chip goes from what I have heard it can save a little on fuel and enhance the driving pleasure but is not really necessary - many of us just run the car as standard. You will have to let the engine settle for around 500 miles before fitting anything like that anyway so see how it goes. Remember and drive it with a big grin on your face - the rest of us do - oh yes and we will all be expecting a posting from you as soon as you collect your car giving your initial impressions. And finally, remember that in N America the Touring model is a saloon variant designation - your bodyshell is actually a Dodge Magnum with a 300C front end and trim (not available in N America which seems to sadden them quite a bit). Your car is also actually made in Graz, Austria while the N American ones are put together in Brampton, Canada.
Cheers John

·
Premium Member
6,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi John,

Thanks.

Sorry i should have put used 300c Touring, it's a late 2006 car with 20k on the clock. I meant new to me, lol.

I went for a Silver one with the rear windows tinted. The black and grey look great but we already have a dark grey metallic car and black is a pain to keep clean.

I cannot wait to have a car that is comfortable to drive again after putting up with the Shogun for a year.

It probably wont need the power upgrade, I'm sure it'll cope towing the chavavan (oops! caravan). The Shogun did with it's 114hp but crikey was it slow. lol

Cheers

Simon

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi Simon,
Silver is lovely on the 300C especially the Touring but keep an eye open for insufficient paint - one or two have complained of that but only with the silver. Now get your wife to read that bit - a great reason for not over-polishing the car!! I suffer from a bad back and found that the exceptional width of the 300C while giving plenty of room left my right knee flopping about which put strain on the back. I eventually devised a knee rest from hardboard, foam rubber and mock sheepskin which is secured to the door with white-tack (the white version of Blu-tack). See http://www.300cforums.com/forums/eu...little-extra-support.html?highlight=knee+rest if you are interested. Another of my minor mods was to fit Klunk-Klips to the rear seatbelts see http://www.300cforums.com/forums/european-diesel-powered-300-models/57877-rear-seat-belts.html I think all of us have carried out some minor modifications and of course our cousins on the other side of the pond really go a bundle on mods. The 300C has loads of mid-range torque and the option is there to fit a chip if you feel you need it.
Cheers John

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Hi Lambournkoi,

Welcome from a fellow newish owner. I got my used CRD 4 weeks ago and I love it to bits! I too am looking at getting the Startech chip, but considering the rear wheels already spin out when tanking it I'm not sure if the car needs the power. The extra MPG is whats tempting me.

I have heard good things about the spider, but it won't go down well with the warranty. I still have just under a year and a half warranty left so not too keen to go the aftermarket chip route, but loads of people have said they can be fitted and removed in minutes with no trace :)

·
Premium Member
6,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Propus and John

I will see how i get on with it and if need be carry out whatever mods are required.
I don't think the rear seat belts will be a problem as we hardly ever have anyone in the back of the car, just the dogs really. Have found out that Chrysler do not sell a dog guard so it looks like we'll be getting one made to measure. I don't want a cheap universal one rattling away in the back, that would drive me mad!!

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum Simon! Instead of opting for a Startech chip, have a think about a Diesel Tuner one on Ebay, recommended is the CR2 type which although is for sale at £290, can often be had by submitting a best offer of £200.

Power gains are phenominal with a small MPG increase too!

Stefan

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
Simon,

Yes I have, it simply plugs in between the injector loom at the back of the engine and the main harness, couple of minutes at most. Very easy to remove when your car goes in to the dealer for anything!

Stef

·
Premium Member
6,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Hi Stef

Thanks, sounds to good to be true. Any chance you can show me the improvement if i nip down to you once i have the car? I'm only about an hour from you.

Do you know anyone with the spider fitted?

Simon

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
Of course you can Simon, I'd be happy to take you out so you can see the difference in power and how easy it is to fit/remove. Just let me know when you are ready and we'll sort something out.

I don't know anyone with the Spider but I think they are all pretty much the same.

Stef

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi Simon,
Remember and get cleaning and polishing instructions from Stef when you see him. And wear your sunglasses to prevent blindness when you see his car. He's a good lad and will look after you well.
Cheers John

·
Premium Member
6,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Simon,
Remember and get cleaning and polishing instructions from Stef when you see him. And wear your sunglasses to prevent blindness when you see his car. He's a good lad and will look after you well.
Cheers John
Yes John, his car does look a little shiny. It never gets used by the look of it :biggrin:

Simon

·
Premium Member
6,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Of course you can Simon, I'd be happy to take you out so you can see the difference in power and how easy it is to fit/remove. Just let me know when you are ready and we'll sort something out.

I don't know anyone with the Spider but I think they are all pretty much the same.

Stef
Cheers Stef,

I'll let you know when i have got the car and we can meet up. I can't wait till Monday :biggrin:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a touring and regularly tow a 2008 swift Conqueror (1600Kgs). the touring pulls like a train. Expect to have fun accelerating in the slip roads joining the motorways:biggrin:. When I hit 5000 miles I will be fitting a chip.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
heyup Lambo,welcome from the dark side..."Hemi".. that is.lol.Welcome,no doubt the "lads" will be giving you tips about your "C",like auto headlights etc,etc.You have got some suprises in store coming to you from the seat of your car.Enjoy your car,it'll probably be the last car you buy for a long time

·
Registered
650 Posts
Dont Chip Remap

Hi guys a while ago I had mine remapped and without a word of a lie it has transformed the car, everything works in harmony, better mpg better low/mid acceleration, no more of that lag going round roundabouts and also completely invisible to dealership. and at around £300 notes very good value.
Oh I also tow an 8x5 twin axle Ifor Williams trailer and golf buggy (1 1/2 ton) and the car now tows better than my Shogun.

Cheers

Stig
:)

Oh just as a side note wheelspin on dry roads without putting the foot on the brake and revving to 2k

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi Simon,
Provided you have the model with the sensor button in the middle of the dash top and the other sensors up behind the rear view mirror then all the wiring and controls etc are fitted to your car for automatic headlights. The one thing that is not giving you auto headlights is the switch - there simply is no setting for it. So you prise out the knob and while what is shown in the various photographs is perfectly true the reality is that the easy way to do the job is to clip back some of the shroud that comes down to engage with the detent on the switch. They tend to do it the hard way by grinding off the detent. So go and have a look at http://www.300cforums.com/forums/eu...0-models/16895-free-automatic-headlights.html which provides a link to "Simple Instructions" which will infact take you to FREE Auto-Headlights (no parts needed) - LX Forums Modern Mopar Muscle
It all sounds very complicated and difficult but it is actually only a five minute job and well worth it. Mind you - your heart is in your mouth while doing it.
Cheers John

1 - 20 of 63 Posts